Gibson Applied Technology and Engineering
Updated: May 20 2013
||Commissioning Engineer / HUC
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Contractor
Active / Open
Offshore Hookup/Construction Position Description
Position Title & ID: Offshore Hookup /Construction Superintendent
Work Location Affiliate(s): Houston, Texas Park Ten Area - 1st and 2nd Qtr 2013
Minimal Offshore 3rd Qtr 2013
Ingleside Site Office 4th Qtr 2013/1st Qtr 2014
Offshore Rotation March to July 2014
KEY REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
Reports to: Integration Hook-Up & Commissioning Manager
Positions Supervised: Site Vendors/Inspectors and Hook-up Contractors
The Hook-up / Offshore Construction Superintendent leads the Topsides Hook-up effort on a day-to-day basis by directing and approving contractor documents and workpacks that are being developed for execution of the offshore work.
Candidate should be an expert in project hook-up / offshore construction management, including vendor coordination, planning, reporting, preparation, budgeting, and working with commissioning teams. The candidate must have at least five (5) years of experience related to the planning and installation of offshore equipment and their hook-up. The Project Engineer must possess an engineering degree and will be required to review and understand piping, electrical, integration methods and instrumentation drawings issued by the design contractors in order to assist with planning of the offshore hook-up.
Responsibilities and duties:
1. Primary responsibilities:
- Leadership and responsible for the execution of the offshore hook-up workscope according developed schedule and man-power requirements
- Leadership in developing a safe working environment and culture offshore
- Considerable knowledge of Fabrication, Installation, Inspection, Hydro-testing, Leak-Testing/work pack formulation, scaffolding, E&I construction, and commissioning.
- Considerable Knowledge working with equipment installation, pre-mobilization of contract & designated personnel and pre-mobilization checks of contractor's equipment. The well qualified candidate must also have sound knowledge of review & acceptance work/test packs.
2. Primary duties:
- Maintain familiarity with structural and piping drawings, ISO's, specifications and ensure that the latest revisions are being used
- Review and approval of contractor's plans and drawings
- Participate in bi-weekly IHUC Team meetings - Lead the HU portion
- Oversee main hook-up contractor and tracking of budget, POB, and progress against planned levels
- Develop and approve along with hook-up contractor a offshore hook-up work plan, work packs and schedule
- Assist with the development of various tender packages
- Provide direction and leadership on a rotational basis during installation of the topsides and hook-up operations
Qualifications and experience:
- Engineering degree desirable
- Good command of the English language. (Spoken, Written, Reading)
- 10 years of experience in Offshore Hookup & Construction
- Should have knowledge of the following systems: Offshore Oil and Gas Process, & Marine, Fabrication, Installation and commissioning.
- Management of work systems and best practices procedures in an offshore environment
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Location: North America