Updated: Jul 5 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Opportunity to join a leading global Oil & Gas Operator that is looking to recruit a Lead Drilling Engineer to join them on a long-term contract basis based in Egypt.
Key responsibilities will include:
* The generic base case well design and all of the processes that are critical for developing this (risk register, offset data analysis etc.).
* Delivering high quality, robust and fit for purpose well engineering documentation within the WEMS framework.
* Contracting and procurement including, but not limited to the following:
* Production of prequalification documentation and evaluation criteria.
* Production of ITT's and technical and commercial evaluation criteria for drilling and logistics services and well tangibles.
* Technical and commercial evaluation of pre-qualifications and tender proposals.
* Physical auditing of tenderer's facilities as part of the tender or prequalification evaluation.
* Carry out a comprehensive analysis of offset well data for all the prospects under consideration, prepare a catalogue of opportunities, risk and uncertainties based on the analysis. Make recommendations on improvements in all aspect of well design and execution.
* Contribute to the Risk Management Plan, QA/QC Plan and other relevant documents.
* Create well concepts for each well project and identify the most optimum concept that meets technical, commercial and HSSE requirements.
* Prepare detailed Well Cost Estimates required for each stage of well delivery process (Stages 1 4).
* Prepare a detailed well design for all wells and create a basis of design report.
* Prepare well engineering input into well proposals.
The ideal candidate will have:
Previous experience and demonstrated proficiency in:
* A similar drilling engineering role.
* Well Design.
* Deepwater Drilling from MODUs.
* Well cost estimating.
* Knowledge, experience and demonstrated proficiency in all of the activities described above.
* Third level Engineering or Science degree
* Requires very good written and spoken English.
Ref No: HQ00016334
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available