Maersk Oil Qatar AS
Updated: Jun 27 2012
||FPSO/FPU , Maintenance Management System (MMS) [MP5+] readiness
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of the Al Shaheen field.
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
Department - Marine & Export
To enable smooth migration to SAP MOUSE for the Marine and Export Department (M&E) through development, facilitation and evaluation of training and testing as well as migration to legacy Maintenance Management System (MP5+). Actively provide support to colleagues during the project phase and after go-live.
This role is vital and key to ensure a successful implementation and continuous usage and development of the MOUSE solution within M&E.
1. Comply with applicable safety instructions and other Company procedures, both onshore and offshore.
2. Make sure that assessments of safety, economic impact and technical importance are performed whenever required. Due diligence shall be observed and initiative taken to secure the best result.
3. Treat all information, both written and spoken, obtained in the course of the work with confidentiality.
4. Carry out work in compliance with:
· Company values and policies.
· Relevant laws and regulations.
· Applicable contracts.
· Good industry practise.
5. Actively monitor work progress such that risks and problem areas are identified, reported and solutions identified.
6. Timely completion of assigned projects and tasks.
7. Bring forward suggestions for improvements in time and cost within the areas of responsibility.
8. Undertake any other work and responsibilities as per separate instruction.
1. Gain detailed knowledge of the MOUSE solution impacting M&E.
2. Convert current Marine Services related maintenance activities into the MP5+ system.
3. Act as a liaison between M&E Business Representative(s) (BR's), BPR's, and the M&E Enhanced Users.
4. Actively participate in relevant process alignment and business impact workshops and related activities.
5. Champion the MOUSE Global Solution and actively support in driving change.
6. Coordinate MOUSE related actions within the M&E department throughout the implementation and after go-live.
7. Actively support in developing, documenting and implementing the M&E related MOUSE test scripts, process maps, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) etc. on a continual basis.
8. Participate prior to go-live in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Systems Integration testing and validate the business requirements (design documents) and GAP documents from M&E perspective. Ensure participation from the M&E department in these tasks and activities as required.
9. Actively share MOUSE Super User knowledge and solutions between Maersk Oil Business Units and stay connected with the Maersk Oil global Super User network.
10. Coordinate M&E identified data cleaning, validation and conversion with Business Data Experts and assist on ad-hoc basis with validation and cleaning of Master Data and Transactional Data.
Maintenance Management System (MMS) [MP5+] readiness
Prepare the M&E for SAP Plant Maintenance activities by populating the legacy systems (MP5+ and EDMS) in readiness for conversion with:
· M&E Master Data
· M&E Transactional Data
· Assigning M&E roles and responsibilities for end users
b. Identify training requirements for M&E end users in use of MP5+ and arrange with MP5+ support. Coordinate update of procedures for use of MP5+ with MP5+ support and M&E.
2. Training Material Content Development
a. Participate in the validation and development of detailed training design, including the creation of:
· Course Objectives.
· Course Content.
· Delivery Methods (e-learning, classroom training, etc).
· "Know the Audience".
b. Develop and test all training for M&E and MOUSE related business processes in the form of:
· PowerPoint presentations.
· Video's (U-Perform).
· Job Aids.
· Training exercises.
3. Training Delivery
a. Design, Develop and Assist with Conducting end-to-end training to the M&E enhanced users of the , including MOUSE and non-MOUSE process steps:
· Technical training (how to work in SAP).
· Process training (how to work in MOQ).
Post Go-Live Support (2nd Line Support):
a. Execute M&E post go-live training and support for the respective areas of responsibility including:
· Act as a M&E focal point for all technical and process related issues.
· Continuous learning and development.
· M&E focal point and driver of local implementation of CR's and new developments
· New User Training.
· Proactive management and follow up of all open incidents and root cause analysis.
· Actively participate in the global super user network.
Education / Certifications:
B.Sc., BA or similar qualifying experience.
Minimum 3 years of relevant industry experience.
Knowledge of the Oil & Gas Upstream Exploration and Production industry and the organization & processes within a typical Company in this category.
Excellent knowledge of SAP in particular the XX module and related processes
Good knowledge of the M&E department Business Processes is an advantage.
Good Knowledge of the MOQ Business Culture is an advantage.
Understanding of cross-functional Business Processes.
Familiar with Navision/MP5 as well as other relevant systems within the respective business area is an advantage.
Previous experience and desire to create training material and delivering comprehensive and well communicated training.
Capable of working in a multicultural environment.
All ready have, or is able to establish respect and recognition within the MOQ Marine & Export departments.
Clear understanding of the big picture.
Team player showing individual assertiveness, initiative, responsibility and integrity.
Open-minded, outgoing, helpful and service oriented.
Pro-Active driver, Problem Solver and Result Oriented.
Strong tolerance for ambiguity / patience.
Strong interpersonal and English communication skills - verbal and written.
Full understanding and involvement of the MOUSE implementation.
Deep insight in the new ERP system within Maersk Oil.
Overview of SAP solutions, detailed understanding of the SAP module.
Coordination with diverse teams throughout the implementation.
Internal and external training opportunities will be provided as required.
A residential position based in Maersk Oil Qatar
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available