Universal Personnel, LLC
Updated: Jun 29 2012
||Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Capital projects
||Katy, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
E&P IN HOUSTON, TEXAS NEEDS:
- Long Term Projects
- Katy, Texas Office Location
We're looking for an experienced Procurement Lead with major capital projects experience who will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the development and implementation of the project procurement strategies.
- Developing Approved Vendor Lists (AVL) and Approved Manufacturers Lists (AML) for projects.
- Preparing purchase order procurement inquiry packages from requisitions for issuance to bidders.
- Supervising engineering contractor procurement personnel in the development of procurement inquiry packages on Company behalf and coordinate internal reviews of the packages.
- Preparing and stewarding Director's Waiver for single/sole source procurements.
- Conducting P.O. negotiations with vendors and suppliers utilizing basic legal, technical and commercial concepts to mitigate potential conflicts between companies involving the terms of the P.O.
- Completing commercial bid evaluations and coordinating the completion of technical bid evaluations to arrive at an overall award recommendation for project management approval.
- Creating a final P.O. in Oracle system and obtaining internal DOA approval based on the final negotiated terms.
- Generating hard copy of P.O. document for transmittal to successful vendor and follow-up for vendor P.O. acknowledgement.
- Facilitating the coordination of P.O. kick-off meetings with vendors.
- Providing assistance to project team in expediting P.O.s with the vendors and suppliers to maintain project schedules.
- Developing and presenting project procurement status reports to internal and external clients as required.
- Reviewing vendor invoices for compliance with the P.O. terms and assist the processing of invoices for payment.
- Performing P.O. close-out when vendor has completed the P.O. obligations.
The ideal Procurement Lead will have:
- 5 to 10 years of procurement experience working large major capital projects in oil and gas industry.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available