The Velosi Group, founded in 1982, provides quality assurance and quality control services to a number of leading national and multinational oil and gas companies. The Velosi Group operates globally through four principal offices in the USA, the UK, Malaysia and the UAE and has operational or representative offices in a further 27 countries worldwide.
Our Houston, TX office is currently seeking a Design Assurance Engineer
The Design Assurance Engineer is responsible for: Leading and managing projects related to the design validation of Well equipment utilized by the GWO organization for drilling, completions, and well intervention. Ensuring processes and systems are in place for the identification and management of Well Equipment risks via design and quality assurance measures.
This position reports to the Design Assurance Team Leader in the project Integrity and Verification Team.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of the project's policy (also known as engineered equipment).
- Represent and interpret the project's engineered equipment policy and industry standards
- Support the use of systems and processes related to the specification of supplier's engineered equipment to ensure operational reliability and compliance and conformance to requirements. Conduct engineered equipment performance evaluation through design reviews
- Conduct engineered equipment root, cause analysis and risk reduction initiatives associated with equipment field failures and conformance and compliance issues.
- Support engineered equipment technology development.
- Collaborate with the Design Assurance functions to ensure alignment of strategic objectives and effectively leverage design assurance skills
- Collaborate with Reliability Engineering functions to effectively increase engineered equipment reliability and reduce operational risk.
- Regularly interface with Supply Chain and Quality Assurance functions to effectively manage supplier relations and promote engineered equipment compliance and conformance to requirements.
- Lead engineered equipment related technical mentoring, training and coaching of staff to improve organizational capability.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering Discipline. BS in Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering strongly preferred
Preferred Skills & Requirements:
- To be considered for the role, candidates must have the following qualifications. Candidates from non-oilfield industries (e.g. automotive, aerospace, defense, etc.) that meet these qualifications will be considered and are encouraged to apply.
- Strong knowledge of engineering design principles and related policies, processes, and practices.
- Experience in the specification, design, and qualification of mechanical tooling / equipment using Industry Standards such as API, SAE, etc.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 QA/QC activities and concepts such as quality plans, pre-production meetings, equipment inspection, and third party process
- Knowledge of Manufacturing processes such as machining, assembly and factory acceptance testing
- Experience in the specification, design, and qualification of oilfield engineered equipment per Industry Standards such as API 6A, API 11D1, and API 14A.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes utilized in the production of down-hole drilling, completions, and well intervention equipment.
- Knowledge of oilfield supplier manufacturing, district, and operations practices with regard to engineered equipment.
- Experience in Systems Engineering/project management
- Experience in process auditing
- Experience in failure mode analysis and other reliability tools and practices
- Familiarity with the qualification of materials through corrosion and compatibility testing as dictated by Industry Standards such as NACE
Velosi Ltd was established in 1982. By utilizing the services of our sister company, Intec (UK) we are capable of delivering Global Recruitment Solutions within the Oil & Gas, Power, Nuclear, Utilities, Rail, Construction and Aerospace Sectors for Owner/Operators, Consultancies, Contractors and Sub-Contractors.
For a free, confidential service register your details on velosi-intec where you will find a full list of live positions. Ongoing requirements include; ATEX Inspector, Civil Engineers, Coating Inspector, Commissioning Engineers, Drilling Engineer, Electrician, HSE, Inspectors, Instrument Engineer/Technicians, Labourer, Mechanic, Mechanical & Electrical Engineer/Fitters, Operator, Pipeline Engineer/Supervisor/Inspector, Piping Engineer/Supervisor/Inspector, Planning Engineers, Process Engineer, Project Engineer, Project Manager, QA/QC Engineer/Managers, Quantity Surveyors/Cost Engineers/Project Controls/Estimators, Riggers, Safety Advisor/Officer/Engineers, Site Managers, Supervisor/Superintendents, Turbine Engineer/Fitters and many more.
Velosi Intec is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC).