Updated: Jul 12 2012
||IT - Networking & Telecom, IT - Sys Admin & Support
||Northeast of Fort McMurray, Canada
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Callisto Construction, an electrical and instrumentation construction company based out of Calgary, Alberta is currently looking to fill a fulltime Fibre Technician positions at our Kearl oilsands project NE of Ft. McMurray.
- installing, terminating and testing copper and fibre optic conductors and cables
- laying out and installing raceways and supporting framework
- installing, commissioning, maintaining and troubleshooting communications equipment
- using codes and standards to guide the installation of communication equipment
- interpreting communications systems drawings to guide the installation of communication equipment
- performing fibre optic splicing, cutting, assembly and testing of cables
- A minimum of two years hands on experience installing, terminating and testing copper and fibre optic cables
- Corning certified an asset with a combination of an electrician or Instrumentation Journeyman trades certificate
- Vertical riser cable installations with experience in the following areas: Primary riser feed cables (ARMM Cat3) and secondary tie cables (Cat3, 25-Pair, 50-Pair and 100-Pair) as well as Cat3, Cat5E, Cat6, DS3 and optical fibre voice/data cabling.
- Fibre optic Installations : Fusion Splicer, ODTR and Power meter testers
- IBDN System 10GX Structured cable systems, EIA/TIA standards
- Interpreting communications systems drawings to guide the installation of communication equipment
- Commissioning, maintaining and troubleshooting communications networks
- Oilsands experience an asset
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available