Updated: Jun 26 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
This is a newly created Land Analyst position in our Lease Administration business functions. This position requires a self starter who is able to work independently with good decision making skills while gathering and analyzing complex data from a wide range of sources about company assets including but not limited to leases, contracts, licenses, division orders, title opinions, and other such related documents. This position requires someone knowledgeable about the upstream energy business who regularly acquires knowledge of industry practices, trends, regulations, laws and rulings as they pertain to our core business activities. This position requires someone knowledgeable in all facets of ownership including interaction levels with internal and external business partners.
This position will report administratively under Land Administration but will align personal business goals and objectives to the Land business unit via dotted line reporting.
Besides requiring strong analytical skills, this position must collaborate effectively, understand the scope of interplay of leasehold information with well scoping, planning and development and be able to expertly apply information available with the facts at hand and raise appropriate concerns as to gaps in information. This position will need to become expert in the use of company land system and requires a person who can easily and professionally interact with many parts of the upstream organization using good interpersonal skills.
- Participation in the well scoping, planning and the development Land activities as identified by the business unit to include:
- Gathering of lease information and detailed provisions
- Gathering of information from brokers, assessing same and applying the information to specific wells in development
- Coordinate activities to assist in land capture activities to closely align Land Administration and Land objectives:
- Preparation of regulatory filings, spacing, unitization and JOA documentation and sign-off
- Preparation and filing of Affidavits of Production
- Monitoring AMI offerings, assignments and coordination within Land Administration
- Preparation and execution of any land related documentation in support of moving a well into Well In Planning stage
- Communicate with State and local jurisdictions as to well requirements
- Collaboration of AFE's, preliminary title issues and surface issues related to well site or pad construction
- Coordinate with Land Administration to request resources to fill information gaps or research data inconsistencies for correction and/or verification.
- Gathering of information, updating Land system so that leases, contracts and/or properties reflect timely filings, assignments, affidavits, et al.
- Collaborate to ensure lease acquisition prioritization is in sync with wells being scoped.
- Lias between Land and Land Administration as well as team member related to the due diligence activity for acquisitions and divestitures.
- Ensure Land Administration receives all required documentation in support of well development including but not limited to:
- Letter agreements (including farmouts, acreage contributions, etc.)
- Purchase and Sale Agreements
- Top lease determination
- Well operations information by Hess and Outside Operators
- Ballot election letters and clarifications
- Proper booking of lease acquisition costs by AFE and prospect
- Ensure global drive has all needed documents (including curative and title documents) posted for Land Administration access and use
- Strong knowledge of lease, royalty, and joint interest partner concepts; laws and regulatory provisions regarding oil and gas extraction, contract administration
- Strong knowledge of oil and gas operations
- Strong analytical capability
- Strong business decision capability
- Strong capability to gather and synthesize large quantities of information
- Strong capability in verbal and written communication
- Achieving Expectations - establishes criteria or work procedures to achieve a high level of quality, productivity, and service.
- Dedicates the required time and energy to assignments or tasks to ensure that no aspect of the work is neglected and finds ways to overcome obstacles.
- Adaptability - willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and ambiguity.
- Business Partnering - effectively meets client needs, builds rapport and a cooperative relationship with clients while sharing information that builds understanding and clarity of issues.
- Collaboration - effectively works with all to achieve results that are aligned with Hess2020.
- Communication - presents information effectively one-on-one or in group settings.
- Innovation - questions the status quo and is open to alternative ways of viewing or defining solutions.
- Resiliency/Self-Management - maintains a positive outlook, even when faced with difficult situations.
- Maintains high performance standards even under pressure and/or tight deadlines.
- Takes initiative for own development while seeking the opportunity to learn something new.
- Minimum of 8 years of oil and gas experience in Land, Land Administration, or Land Development.
- Experience in a general range of upstream oil and gas business activities.
- Bachelor's Degree required - focus on Law, Petroleum Land Management, or designation as Certified/Registered Petroleum Landman is a plus.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available