A member of the PTE/ACSO Civil & Structural Team provides fit-for purpose engineering solutions in Civil and Structural engineering,including Geotechnical and Coastal Marine engineering to enable Projects & Technology to deliver quality onshore projects and ensure the integrity of production and manufacturing assets.
• Carry out and lead Civil and Structural engineering activities for site selection, concept evaluation, concept definition (FEED),detailed design, construction and fabrications, and commissioning.
• Support onshore/upstream projects with timely and rational technical advice, best practices and competitive standards to enable top quartile operating performance.
• Contribute to global Civil and Structural engineering practices throughout the discipline skill pool,targeting Subject Matter Expert recognition.
• Contribute to research & development, and implementation of enabling and differentiating technologies in civil structural engineering and gas/LNG development
1. Provide fit-for-purpose engineering solutions in civil, structural and marine engineering to deliver major development projects for both upstream and downstream by executing project activities, including site selection, conceptual design, FEED Design, Detailed Design,Construction / fabrication,Installation, and commissioning.
2. Deliver civil and structural discipline technical quality assurance (TA2 and TA3 level) and control activities to ensure the technical integrity, constructability, functionality and reliability of the design
3. Provide input to the development of project execution contracting strategies that complement designs,construction methods and operating methods
4. Provide discipline support to EPC initiatives and deliverables
5. Manage Engineering Consultants and Contractors to deliver project and consulting services
6. Provide CSO Engineering technical input to Projects & Technology business development groups in the Identification, Assessment & Selection of new business opportunities
7. Identify and implement enabling technology to overcome new project development challenges
8. Contribute to CSO Global R&D activities to generate ideas, define scope, and deliver technical solutions in LNG, deepwater, arctic and material development
9. Contribute to the development and update of Standards, best practice and design tools within the civil & structural engineering discipline
Civil / Structural Engineer with a minimum of 12 years experience in Oil and Gas Industry- Downstream facilities, and site development in general.
Should have a Civil Engineering B.Sc., (M.Sc. desired). Experience with US civil, structural, codes and standards used in the oil and gas processing industry. Ability to design and/or specify topographical, civil, site preparation, drainage, foundations, concrete structures, steel structures, buildings, dynamic analysis. Blast resistant buildings experience is a plus. Experience in the technical assessments of third party engineering deliverables. Experience with sketches and material take offs for TIC cost estimating purposes. Shall be able to work with people from different cultural backgrounds, and should be available for 25% travel. Fluency in the English language is essential.
Employment Type: PERMANENT