Updated: Jun 21 2012
||Facilities Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Operations Manager, Industrial, valve
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Depends on Experience
||Hammond, LA, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
SOS Staffing Services has partnered with a leading provider of valves and measurement systems to the Oil and Gas industry to identify qualified candidates for a Manufacturing Engineer opportunity in the Hammond, LA area. This is a full time, direct hire position that includes a full benefits package. This position will be responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the manufacturing processes within the industrial plant.
To apply to this position, please reply to this posting with a current resume and yearly salary requirements for immediate consideration. Resumes may also be faxed to 919-380-7113.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Develops and submits AFE's.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient productions methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree in mechanical, industrial, manufacturing engineering, or related field. Strong mechanical aptitude and 2+ years of experience in the manufacturing environment.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variable in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Design software; Internet software; Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. SAP knowledge & 6 Sigma experience preferred, but not required.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available