Responsible for the project commissioning strategy and associated program, including procedures, activities and recruitment and development of associated organizational capability, for the inspection and testing from mechanical completion to completion of all commissioning activities. Act as commissioning authority with single point accountability (SPA) for all commissioning activities. Key member of the project leadership team.
1. Establish commissioning strategy in line with start-up strategy and subsequent ramp-up plan.
2. Recruit and ensure competence of commissioning team to perform commissioning activities.
3. Ensure that a satisfactory control of work process is in place for commissioning scope of work, including control of energisation of equipment.
4. Identify and agree on list of responsible engineers who are authorised to sign record sets during construction and commissioning phases.
5. Review and approve inspection and test scope of project that is developed in conjunction with construction authority.
6. SPA for definition of limits of system handover.
7. Deliver commissioning procedures, and function testing in commissioning phase of project.
8. Ensure that a mechanical completion PL walkthrough inspection with construction authority is completed prior to handover of system to commissioning authority. Operating authority shall be invited to participate.
9. At system handover stage, accept mechanical completion handover upon satisfactory completion by construction authority.
10. Ensure that safety related PL items are complete before commencement of commissioning, including items necessary to function test system(s).
11. Ensure that commissioning activities are complete and data is entered into project completions system.
12. Ensure that commissioning PL walkthrough inspection with operations is performed prior to system handover to operating authority. 13. Ensure that incomplete or outstanding items are entered into PL tracking system.
14. Ensure that project completions database is maintained and up to date.
15. Ensure that during transfer of ownership: a. Operations and commissioning authority jointly walk through locks and isolations. b. Operating authority replaces commissioning isolations prior to signing final acceptance of system handover.
16. Provide commissioning marked up engineering documents and data to enable engineering authority to deliver as built documents and data.
17. Specify and ensure purchase of commissioning spares and specialist tools, based on commissioning strategy.
18. Define any third party inspection or regulatory inspection requirements in accordance with project and local legislative requirements.
19. Set commissioning schedule and ensure alignment with construction to maximize commissioning window in a safe and effective manner to meet project schedule. 20. At system handover stage, offer system handover (GOC form SH1) upon satisfactory completion of commissioning activities of systems to operating authority for acceptance and signature.
21. Ensure that preservation requirements during commissioning period are performed and recorded.
22. Ensure that any changes to the commissioning strategy or the facilities design are managed in accordance with the appropriate management of change (MoC) process.
• Engineering Degree, or alternative qualification supported by field experience.
• Minimum 15 years of actual commissioning / operational experience for LNG or other comparable onshore oil and gas projects.
• Must have leadership experience in managing commissioning activities and related facilities handover for major capital projects - brown field experience preferred.
• Thorough understanding of control of work system for hydrocarbon facilities risk management.
• Must have detailed knowledge of integrity management systems.
• Must be a team player with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate and work within a multi-cultural environment.
• Demonstrate HSSE leadership and behaviours.
• Has the ability to work in an operating environment and communicate effectively with senior operations leadership.
• Has a detailed knowledge of operating procedures and practices.