Updated: Jun 18 2013
||Instructor, Drilling Experience
||Sugarland, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Responsible for development, delivery and continuous improvement of operational training in simulated and physical environments. Specialist will lead learning interventions, including training development and delivery across company operating divisions. This role requires skills in training development and delivery, analysis, software and hardware troubleshooting, and customer relationship management to perform needs analysis and make recommendations for training and developmental projects across a global, diverse organization. Specialist will work closely with Operations, HSE, HR and L&D leads-as well as cross-functional teams-to design, deliver and improve essential operations training. Simulator Training Specialist will also perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience in training delivery and training program management
- Experience in training course design and development, including course materials development
- Drilling operational or other oil and gas industry training experience preferred
- Advanced computer literacy required, including proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Experience with Drilling and other equipment simulators and HMI-driven learning tools preferred
- Develop and deliver training to internal customers across the company
- Develop classroom curricula and training materials
- Evaluate how well training programs meet individual learner needs
- Evaluate training effectiveness to ensure that training meets organization goals
- Recommend instructional/learning and curriculum improvements
- Review training materials and make recommendations for improvements
- Support simulator facility and environment, including software upgrades and hardware troubleshooting (with vendors)
- Provide internal needs assessment for operational learning needs, including:
- Organizational diagnosis
- Group and meeting facilitation
- Manage internal projects focused on learning and development needs analysis and process improvements
- Develop new ideas and identify new sources of training to support company future needs.
- Provide input for company-wide personnel development.
- Interface with a broad range of internal stakeholders to determine training requirements.
- Assist other L&D managers on all on-going projects as required
- Requires travel to company locations globally, estimated at 30% to 50% or higher.
- Operate as a collaborative member of the L&D team, demonstrating core values of customer focus, communication, honest and candid dialogue, continuous improvement and business results.
- Participate in learning and development opportunities, including courses, workshops, conference, trainings, and other events intended to expand personal and organizational knowledge base relevant to required functions and skills.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available