Updated: Jul 18 2012
||Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Odessa, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
We're the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We're also a leading employer in our sector-with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today's industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that's embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is an equal opportunity employer.
The product engineer will provide regional product line support.
- Provide product line applications support to the assigned Region.
- Support the Engineering Group in Houston in its implementation of new and existing product line development and launches.
- Provide operations employees with hands on training and mentoring.
Provide product line applications support to all operations
- Support operations with sound applications advice in conjunction with and support from the Applications Engineering Group in the Regional Technical Center.
- Assist sales and operations with customer discussions.
- Provide expertise advice and support for problem resolution.
- Assist with performance bulletin production and co-ordinate with Business Development Group.
- Competitive Intelligence.
- Customer Intelligence.
Participation in New product development and launch
- Identify and recommend new technology development.
- Participate on new product teams to help deliver new technology on a timely basis.
- Assist in new technology launch in the territory.
Provide Hands on Training and Mentoring to Employees
- Using personal in depth knowledge and experience, provide future shop and field operators with hands on training.
- Mentor employ and coach selected employees to enhance their development.
- Transfer knowledge and experiences gained to selected employees.
Functional relationships with Operations, Regional Sales Group, North American Product Engineers, other SLB Business units, and the Training Group.
BS Engineering/Sciences Degree
- Oil and Gas industry experience
- Prior knowledge of Drilling Tools and Services a plus
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Well organized.
- Able to move multiple projects forward simultaneously.
- Good analytical thinker
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available