A year long contract assignment is available to work for a Major Oil and Gas operator.
The role will be based in Houston, TX. This position is for a quality specialist for wellheads in support of the Global Subsea Hardware team.
* Support the GSH Wellhead Team in all quality related activities
* Review and approve Wellhead quality documentation
* Interface with and report to QM for ongoing supplier performance
* Supervise third party inspection resources required for wellhead scope
* Resolve quality issues, interfacing with site quality leads and surveillance personnel
* Ensure Non-conformances are properly categorized and dispositioned in a timely manner
* Participate in Preproduction Meetings (PPM) as required
* Ensure ITPs are approved and implemented
* Ensure corrective action activities are correctly completed and effectively implemented.
* Champion quality improvement within wellhead suppliers * Coordinate and quality check KPI's with suppliers * Ensure GOC and handover process is implemented
* Coordinate quality resources with other GSH quality teams using same facilities
* Capture and share lessons learned with other quality teams
The ideal candidate will possess:
* At least 10 years of experience in quality assurance within the oil industry, with at least 5 of these related to subsea equipment, including wellheads.
* Experience working with a wellhead supplier (DrillQuip, FMC or Cameron) in quality assurance or a technical field is strongly desired.
* Interpersonal, communication and business skills appropriate to working in an office; ability to communicate with shop inspectors, in-house, and FMC engineers, technical specialists and quality engineers.
Petroplan is a global organization which specializes in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976. Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialized support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organizations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.