Updated: Sep 21 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Broussard, LA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and prepare for well site operations.
- Supervises Junior Field Engineer and Operator crews in the preparation of the unit and calibration of equipment.
- Conduct Wireline well site operations to the satisfaction of customer at well site.
- Maintains knowledge of the latest technological changes and operating procedures pertaining to Company equipment, tools, and practices to insure maximum operating efficiency.
- Assures adherence to all safety regulations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must be certifiable in all applicable governmental compliance programs.
- May be required to have CDL with hazardous materials endorsement.
GOVERNMENTAL REGULATIONS THAT MONITOR OPERATION
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have never been convicted of a felony.
- Possess a valid driver's license of the appropriate type for the required field vehicle.
- Must have not been cited for three (3) moving vehicle violations in the past 12 months.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Subject to "on call" hours 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Long work hours.
- May be required to work at well site locations (offshore or out of town) for extended periods.
- Outdoor environment subject to temperature and weather change.
- Exposure to explosives, high pressure well bore environments and ionizing radiation.
Skills & Knowledge:
- One year experience as Engineer or equivalent position with an outside company.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, physics or mathematics (preferred) or high school graduate plus Company engineer training and 2 years experience as Field Engineer (minimum).
- Internal applicants must meet all established criteria for Junior Field Engineer and satisfactorily complete the Engineer Breakout Exam/Progression Checklist.
- External applicants must have been an Engineer or higher level for at least one year with another Wireline Service Company and meets established job criteria including completion of Breakout Exam/Progression Checklist.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available