Updated: Jul 16 2012
||Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Reliability Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Mont Belvieu, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
- The Maintenance Engineer provides support on fixed equipment, instrument, and electrical issues to the processing plants. In addition, the Maintenance Engineer is responsible for recommending economically viable repair versus replacement and updating equipment reliability strategies. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides I&E and fixed equipment expertise for the plant site.
- Approves new fixed mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Leads proactive reliability processes (i.e., critically ranking, mechanical-integrity focused, root cause failure analysis, reliability centered maintenance) to ensure long-term reliability.
- Monitors reliability to ensure safe production; conducts procedure reviews; assists with responsible care activities.
- Participates in process hazard analysis from a reliability perspective, and change management activities.
- Ensures site reliability goals and objectives are understood and met through effective motivation and communication.
- Maintains effective communications with 12-hour rotating operator shifts to ensure tasks are completed per procedures.
- Leads plant reliability initiatives.
- Collaborates with operations personnel and I&E/Mechanical technicians in diagnosing I&E and Mechanical problems and issues; develop alternatives, propose and implement solutions for long-term reliability by conducting root cause failure analysis and implementing preventive/predictive maintenance programs.
- Serves as the owner of the plant site electrical infrastructure.
- Serves as the owner and facilitator of fixed equipment and instrumentation and electrical equipment selection and installation process.
- Seeks compliance with all environmental, safety, and health requirements, and promotes a safe working environment.
- Evaluates and selects suppliers for specific fixed equipment and instrumentation applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent, with 5-7 years of related engineering experience.
- Demonstrated technical leadership abilities, team player, leads by example, hands-on work style, and engages others.
- Technical knowledge in reliability-centered tools and processes such as: FMEA, RCM and Root Cause Analysis; knowledge of ASME, API 510 & 570, ANSI, and ASTM industry standards.
- Understanding of RCI root cause failure analysis methodology; strong trouble shooting abilities, preferably in a chemical facility environment; basic understanding of general process equipment such as valves, pumps, and rotating equipment.
- Knowledge of proactive reliability processes (i.e., critically ranking, mechanical-integrity focused, root cause failure analysis, reliability centered maintenance).
- Working knowledge of predictive/preventative maintenance tools/practices to achieve the lowest life cycle costs: including oil analysis, vibration analysis, thermographs, and ultrasonic.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook) proficiency; SAP knowledge is a plus.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available