Fortesa International Inc.
Updated: Jun 21 2012
||Operations Manager, Production Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||US$144,000 to $200,000 Bonus contingent on performance. Reviewed Semi-Annually.
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Role and Responsibilities of the Technical & Operations Manager include:
Technical & Operations Manager Role is to assume the following functions:
- Tactical Director of Senegal Production Manager who manages the overall operation of Fortesa's Senegalese team comprising the Production Department. (75-100 employees)
- Top Leadership role within Fortesa Production, with a strong emphasis on direction of all actions through the Production Leaders, design of new installations, initiative and the successful execution - completion of all tasks and projects making up Gas Field production, pipeline & procedures.
- Represent the Production side of Fortesa in liaison with national oil company partner.
- Perform as the top internal Technical Expert WITHIN Fortesa in regards to Oil and Gas production, gathering, processing and delivery from the wellbore to our customers' sales meter.
- Lead Best Industry Practices for all installations, production activities and new construction with our multinational work force sound using proven accepted techniques common to the operation of an independent E&P company.
- Ensure correct Measurement of Gas & condensate sales.
- Liaison with Outside Engineering Services, when needed & agreed for services.
- Ensures that the production department maximizes the optimum all wells, while protecting same and meeting customer's daily sales volumes quotas.
- Has direct authority, delegation of same regards all operations including wellheads, gathering systems, processing facilities, customer sales points, pipeline infrastructure, camp facilities, Company store - warehouse and all personnel involved with operation of same.
- Communicates with, reports to & collaborates with the Director General, on an as needed basis.
- Works closely with the assigned Production Engineer and Geology Group in developing a thorough understanding of Gadiaga field natural gas wells portfolio, design characteristics of wells, troubleshooting flow characteristics of wells and utilizes sound and proven, timely well testing protocols, either production or drilling based.
- Communicates daily with the Production manager. Collaborates with him to devise and set forth a Production operations and maintenance agenda that is well prioritized, financially responsible with safe nature and is transparent to scrutiny, understood by all employees.
- Formulates and sets policy in regards to both personnel actions and standard production operating practices. Enforces adherence to same.
- Works closely and in regular collaboration with HSE representative to ensure safe, environmentally responsible and efficient field - facility operations.
- Works closely with the Dakar accounting staff in support of accounting practices to ensure that budgetary items are understood, transparent and that authorized field operating costs and expenses are not exceeded unless approved by executive group.
- Works closely with the Receivables Manager to ensure that all Fortesa work executed as a contractor or subcontractor on behalf of others is documented properly and in a timely manner from the field to the controller and accounting group thus facilitating invoicing - reimbursement of work.
- Establishes and maintains a system with both the Receivables Manager and Field Controller whereas all employee allotted vacation, PTO time is consistently tracked, employee performance and proper compensation is reviewed and determined at least annually.
- Reviews all facilities for efficiency in regards to site security, site maintenance, process flow, safeguards from process upset and pollution incidents.
- Assesses facilities regularly for possible or projected changes in volumes or throughput, prepares plan of action including design and estimating cost of same to facilitate this.
- Maintains pipelines in leak free and environmentally safe and responsible manner. Enforces in house patrolling of company operated pipeline right of ways and forwards reports of violations of same to designated governmental authority.
- Directs the project management initiative within Fortesa with an emphasis on proper advance planning, communications and closing.
- Specifies materials and equipment needed to engage in various projects. Directs staff in the orderly process of requisitioning and procuring same.
- Works closely with the Houston Office purchasing representatives to identify and prioritize the method of shipment of all production department goods originating in the US.
- Conducts Staff meetings periodically to update managers on operations, production and project priorities, follows up on requests regarding safety or personnel issues with appropriate managers.
- Requires and reinforces that all personnel with recordkeeping roles stay current and accurate with their documentation.
- Ensures that the company warehouse is properly secured and managed, that proper min-max quantities are identified and maintained, that gas oil inventories are secured and properly rationed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A 2-5 year degree in an Engineering or Management discipline is preferred. 15 years minimum O&G OPERATING - MANAGEMENT experience will be considered in lieu of this.
- Prior international experience as a manager in a similar position is highly beneficial, but is not mandatory.
- Strong Communication skills, computer skills and fluency in the English language is required. Fluency in French or Wolof language is a strong asset, but is not a requirement.
- A sound Knowledge of construction codes and practices, HSE policies and practices common to the oil and gas or similar industry is highly desired.
- INDIVIDUAL MUST MULTI-TASK WELL, BE SELF MOTIVATED AND DEMONSTRATE STRONG INITIATIVE.
- Individual should be comfortable in interacting with field personnel and must embrace working within a team environment.
If you are ambitious, have these leadership & operational skills that we seek and believe that you can make a positive contribution to the success of our operations; then, please apply now.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available