Updated: Jun 19 2012
||Planner / Scheduler
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our Client is seeking a Planning Engineer for Gulf of Mexico Projects. The successful candidate will:
- Provide overall project schedule, progress measurement, and change management leadership and expertise
- Maintain close liaison with members of the sub-project services organization
- Ensure that appropriate Contractor project controls staffing levels and controls tools are employed by the EPC Contractor
- Coordinate, monitor, and assess Contractor's efforts in project planning, sampling to assure Quality.
- Steward the EPC contractor's project control organization with respect to:
- Schedule development, control and progress measurement
- Advise the EPC contractor's organization with respect to:
- Project controls tools and reports
- Contractor's efforts in schedule
- Conduct briefing sessions for project team members with respect to project control requirements and processes
- Participate in gathering and recording lessons learned for the project
- The Planning Engineer will support PMT and Cost Stewards with ongoing project cost and schedule analysis, reporting, forecasting, budgeting and Change Management.
- Develop and document Schedules (annual and multi-year), and ensuring that these products reflect the approved project design/execution scope
- Analyze schedule trends, develop and review schedule forecasts
- Monitor and report on schedule implications of changes
- Participate in contract commercial bid evaluations (as required)
- Participate in developing Contract Control Schedules and Milestones
- Respond to ad hoc requests from PMT related to Controls/Reporting
- He/she will be responsible for monitoring and appraising the performance of Contractor's Site in the areas of cost, progress and schedule control.
- Examining and evaluating the Contractor's schedule control organization, plans, performance and procedures
- Review and, where appropriate, endorse schedule, progress Baselines and forecast prepared by contractors
- Analyze schedule and progress trends developed by contractor
- Review and endorse progress measures reported by the contractor
- Review schedule bases of contractor's Change Proposals - review and endorse Change
- Assist site management in developing/reviewing schedule corrective actions and recovery plans, and making sure needed actions/plans are implemented.
- Maintain regular contact with Cost and Schedule organization in the sub-project teams and with the Client Functional Organization.
- Maintain close liaison with planning engineers in the sub-project teams and Client Function
- Provide direction and feedback to Sub-Project planning and control engineers on schedule aspects of the project
- The Planning Engineer will have thorough and extensive knowledge of:
- Project controls principles, theories, and concepts
- Client practices, processes, and expectations with respect to project controls
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Business Administration with relevant experience, or 10+ years experience in the oil and gas industry
- 5+ years of project controls experience with a more focus on schedule control achievements than cost control
- Offshore Engineering, Procurement, and Construction experience
Dovre Group is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage application from anyone meeting the requirements for any position for which we recruit and welcome your questions regarding this position. Please quote Position 3222 in all correspondence
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available