The Velosi Group, founded in 1982, provides quality assurance and quality control services to a number of leading national and multinational oil and gas companies. The Velosi Group operates globally through four principal offices in the USA, the UK, Malaysia and the UAE and has operational or representative offices in a further 27 countries worldwide.
Our Houston, TX office is currently seeking a Project Quality Manager
- Report to Management on QMP performance; Identify areas for improvement, assist / implement improvement recommendations, and promote quality awareness
- Assist in the development of strategic and tactical Quality Plans in support of the QMP
- Elements; actively participate in the generation, review, verification and implementation of Contractor Quality Plans
- Implement and coordinate use of the QMP Elements at local locations
- Provide Quality Representative Coordinator with QMP reporting input
- Educate and provide guidance to personnel in QMP implementation and acts as the QMP Enhancement Initiative Point Contact
- Address daily QA/QC issues and report key findings to management
- Coordinate reviews and comments during the development phase of Technical Specifications (TS) and Quality Specifications (QS) global templates
- Coordinate customization of global TS and QS templates for inclusion in procurement documents (Contract specific TS and QS) as applicable to operations
- Facilitate Contract TS and QS implementation process, steward ongoing evaluation, assess compliance and monitor ongoing performance improvement
- Advise QA/QC requirements for local manufacturer and repair. Monitor implementation to ensure compliance; Initiate and monitor quality event reporting.
- Coordinate equipment failure investigations / Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and conduct corrective Action verification as required
- Confirm documentation control for equipment and service providers including local contractors
- Conduct and coordinate contractor assessments on services and service related goods contractors. Report findings to management identify and recommend areas for improvement. Conduct internal assessments to assure compliance to coordinate QC activities for received equipment deliveries
- Verify that Goods Preventive Maintenance, Inspection and Test Programs (PMITP) and Inventory maintenance inspections are in place
- Responsible for facilitating the development and effective implementation of the Project Quality Management system by the Project Team and contractors
- Develop, maintain, and lead the execution of the Project Quality Management Plan for assigned Project, and manage the development and maintenance of any supporting plans, procedures, forms etc.
- Responsible for facilitating the continued development and effective implementation of the Project Quality Management System (QMS) by the project team and contractors during FEED and Execution. The PQM assures that project goals are met in a manner that meets corporate, local, and contractual requirements.
- Leads, coaches, trains and promotes development of the project team understanding of project expectations for quality deliverables in all functional areas and disciplines
- Sources and manages company quality personnel such as but not limited to Office/Site QA/QC Coordinators, Project Quality Engineers, Supplier Quality Coordinators, Quality representatives
- Provides development and training so that Quality personnel have the proper credentials and qualifications to meet project needs
- Manages project quality support functions including quality planning, quality system training, preventive action, non-conformance control, corrective action, audits, continuous improvement, trending and project quality reporting & review
- Manage, plan and conducts assessments and audits of the contractors, subcontractors and critical suppliers throughout the entire project. Additionally, this position will work closely with the project management team.
- Audit findings and recommend corrective actions to resolution and closure.
- Provides project management team feedback on quality related issues. Works to proactively identify potential areas for improvement to prevent development of conditions adverse to Quality
- Manages service and product verification and overview of the quality obligations for project deliverables, including but not limited to design, procurement, fabrication, installation, construction, mechanical completion, start up and turnover, consistent with criticality assessments, contractual and local / international regulatory obligations
- Provides status reports to the Construction Manager as required
Education: Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or related field with 10 years minimum of related professional work experience in engineering, procurement, construction and/or project management including 3 - 5 years of recent Quality Management experience on Major Capital Projects.
- BS Degree in Engineering from an accredited university preferably majoring in Mechanical / Materials Engineering with at least
- 10 years continuous experience in the oil & gas offshore / refinery / petrochemical industry
- 5 continuous years in Project Quality Management
The position requires a thorough understanding of the principles and practice of Quality Management and the development, implementation and improvement of Quality Management Systems. Practical Quality Management experience in plant construction, modules fabrication, vendor audit, surveillance and inspection of typical types of equipment and materials required for oil & gas installations, both onshore and offshore. The PQM needs to be fully conversant with NDE and special process requirements and have the ability to develop, maintain and update in-house technical / quality standards and project specifications. The PQM needs to have demonstrated multi-discipline capabilities in planning and organizing projects and activities to meet project quality requirements. e.g. project quality planning, budgeting and resourcing for projects to ensure they are suitably staffed with sufficient and capable quality management expertise.
Preferred Skills: The PQM needs to have demonstrated multi-discipline capabilities in planning and organizing projects and activities to meet project quality requirements. e.g. -project quality planning, budgeting and resourcing for projects to ensure they are suitably staffed with sufficient and capable quality management expertise. Based on respect and credibility both inside and outside of Chevron and across cultural and functional boundaries
PROJECT AND PEOPLE MANAGEMENT: The PQM shall have experience in managing multicultural and multidiscipline teams on major capital projects and/or Business Units is required. Experience in establishing team work plans, priorities, roles and responsibilities
The ability to provide a positive team environment where people want to work
The ability to lead and champion the Company's IIF program not only with Company personnel but Contractor personnel as well
Enables people to contribute their best and fosters learning. Proven leadership experience in managing people, including recruiting, coaching, mentoring, career planning, motivating, and providing constructive feedback
- Experience related to Quality planning, budgets, Project & Supplier Quality Management Plans, OEMS, cost management, scheduling Inspection agency and reporting
- Experience with EPCs, contractors, and suppliers, preferably in the oil & gas industry
- Experience in determining appropriate level of quality assurance and control during fabrication at fabrication yard, assembly at vendor shop, receipt of equipment & components, receipt of bulks, and during construction / installation / HUC
- Promotes safe work practices at all levels of the project execution, with safety culture compliance part of daily activity
Certificate: Certified ISO 9001 Auditor or other recognized equivalent audit certification or ability to obtain within six (6) months after hire.
Velosi Ltd was established in 1982. By utilizing the services of our sister company, Intec (UK) we are capable of delivering Global Recruitment Solutions within the Oil & Gas, Power, Nuclear, Utilities, Rail, Construction and Aerospace Sectors for Owner/Operators, Consultancies, Contractors and Sub-Contractors.
For a free, confidential service register your details on Velosi-Intec where you will find a full list of live positions. On-going requirements include; ATEX Inspector, Civil Engineers, Coating Inspector, Commissioning Engineers, Drilling Engineer, Electrician, HSE, Inspectors, Instrument Engineer/Technicians, Labourer, Mechanic, Mechanical & Electrical Engineer/Fitters, Operator, Pipeline Engineer/Supervisor/Inspector, Piping Engineer/Supervisor/Inspector, Planning Engineers, Process Engineer, Project Engineer, Project Manager, QA/QC Engineer/Managers, Quantity Surveyors/Cost Engineers/Project Controls/Estimators, Riggers, Safety Advisor/Officer/Engineers, Site Managers, Supervisor/Superintendents, Turbine Engineer/Fitters and many more.
Velosi Intec is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC).