Our client is one of the world's largest energy companies employing over 80,000 personnel and operating in over 100 countries worldwide with expertise covering a range of energy sources.
This Anchorage based PSCM Specialist will develop tactical sourcing strategies for assigned categories. The Specialist will execute contracts in alignment with approved tactical strategies or in alignment with applicable category and commodity strategies. Sourcing and contracting accountabilities will involve one or more of the following Independent Procurement (IP) sectors:
- Subsurface and seismic services
- Information Technology and Systems
- Health, Safety, Security, and Environment services
- Financial and Human Resource services
- Agency and Contingent Labor
- Research and Development
- Travel, Facilities and Property Management
The IP Specialist will collaborate with other category specialists, to ensure client requirements are managed in a timely manner and contracts are executed in accordance with existing category strategies. In addition, the role may develop sub-sector strategies as required as well.
This role will also support other expedited contracting activities where appropriate. This role will project manage RFI/RFQ/RFP efforts, to include market analysis and development of bid package, management of RFI/RFQ/RFP processes, analysis of results and negotiation of terms and conditions. Handle day to day sourcing activity Scope completion, including contract amendments, renewals, and extensions. This role will mentor and train contract analysts and other third party support organizations. The IP Specialist is accountable to ensure all procurement and business risks are identified and mitigated in procurement documents. A thorough understanding of risks associated with contract scope and commercial provisions is essential. A key accountability for this role will be to provide interface between PSCM and category clients, based in Anchorage, Houston or the U.K., through communication and facilitation of PSCM processes. Ability to influence managers across geographies through written or verbal communication is essential.
- Highly collaborative with other PSCM teams, motivated to succeed, and a positive attitude
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to be a decision maker, having led strategic sourcing or contracting initiatives that produce results.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with internal customers and to build and maintain meaningful relationships while driving the procurement process.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead cross-functional teams in supplier sourcing, using knowledge of commercial contract law to guide the development and assessment of pertinent contractual terms and conditions.
- Ability to develop and understand supply chain cost modeling to challenge and negotiate appropriate pricing.
- The successful candidate will have experience developing and managing services contracts.
- Leads the development and execution of critical sourcing initiatives, adding value though their breadth of experience, expertise, and established networks. Develops and executes sourcing strategies where appropriate in alignment with applicable market sector and commodity strategies.
- The role includes understanding the local business objectives and desired outcomes, engaging internal customers and building support for the initiatives, understanding options and risks associated with supply chain activities, building supplier relationships in order to achieve superior supplier performance, negotiating commercial terms to deliver best value solutions, and measuring / reporting the value delivered.
- Provide coaching and guidance on PSCM practice and procedures to other PSCM and non-PSCM staff. Works with relevant market sector and commodity managers to implement sourcing processes to ensure delivery of business plans and market sector/commodity strategies
- Removes roadblocks to enable the delivery of the PSCM agenda
- Routinely communicates openly and with integrity with key business stakeholders to align direction between PSCM and the internal customer directions
- Understands business requirements for third party goods and services
- Leads, executes, or supports the full sourcing process which includes development of scope, supplier selection, commercial negotiation, and contract execution.
- Drives, supports and promotes the use of PSCM tools
- Coaches less experienced PSCM staff
- Participates in company networks, sharing information, best practices and lessons learned.
- Actively contributes to the transformation of procurement supply chain management
- Leads the on-boarding of key stakeholders in supporting PSCM approaches to the external market, educating as necessary
- Ensures that an end to end Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) view is taken in all sourcing decisions
- Routinely project manages sourcing activities prioritizing and rebalancing against business objectives
- Shapes, as necessary, contractual terms and conditions for review by legal, leveraging latest thinking in contracting methods to minimize risk and maximize advantage
- Identifies, implements and realizes value through effective ''strategic cost management'' utilizing best in class methods (e.g. should cost) and tools (e.g. e auctions)
- Supports and enables High Performing Team
- Undertakes due diligence in mitigating all external supply risk from supplier selection through to contract execution
Essential Criteria & Qualifications:
- 5+ years sourcing and contracting experience in at least one or more of the following sectors: Indirect Procurement, Operations & Maintenance or Projects
- Bachelor's degree or additional 3+ years in related field
- Experience is working with individuals in diverse geographic regions
Desirable Criteria & Qualifications
- Advanced degree in procurement, finance or business
- Category Management, Supplier Management, Contracting, and/or Sourcing experience in multiple E&P organizations or Regions
- Technical certifications in PSCM related fields or degree in Supply Chain Management
WORKING CONDITIONS: Office environment
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The following demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires the ability to sit for long periods of time. Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds.
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Non-exempt/Hourly
The above is not intended to list all possible essential functions or requirements as they are subject to change, The employer reserves the right to revise or change this description. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. All associates are expected to work varying hours of compensated overtime to accomplish various duties. All associates are expected to work rotating hours, shifts, or different departments to accommodate the business demands. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the above essential duties and meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these conditions.