The Global Edge Consultants
Updated: Jul 16 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Senior Document Controls
The Document Controller will be expected to design and maintain document repositories, ensure appropriate accessibility to documents, and work with document authors and technical writers to ensure documents are clearly written and comply with GoM document control procedures. This person will work closely with other Document Controllers, Document Authorities and various managers and technical experts from across the company's Gulf of Mexico business to ensure users understand GoM document control procedures and processes.
- Use Documentum, Sharepoint, and other software tools to design and maintain document repositories
- Assign document numbers and post documents to company's document repository
- Maintain and monitor appropriate access control permissions for document repositories
- Uphold the requirements of company's Gulf of Mexico regional document control procedures, including procedures for controlling health, safety, environmental, and engineering documents
- Review the format and content of technical documents for compliance with GoM document control procedures
- Work with document authors and technical writers to ensure documents and procedures are clearly written and comply with GoM document control procedures
- Assist in development and maintenance of a standardized document repository structure for all GoM documents
- Assist in communicating and embedding GoM document control procedures and processes within the business
- Complete adhoc requests for document numbers, post documents, and procedure reviews when requested
- Create and maintain a set of Sharepoint sites to provide easy access to a subset of controlled documents
- Design and create a standardized Performance Report on document status
- Produce this standard report on a monthly basis (by extracting data from document repository and other tools to populate the reports), format and content to be approved by the team leader
- B.S. degree in Technical field or equivalent experience with a bias toward HSSE or Document Control
*Essential experience and job requirements
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an engineering industry
- Proven knowledge of document control procedures and practices;
- Strong Communication (written and oral) skills
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office software
- Personal commitment to HSSE
Other essential skills and knowledge
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US on a fulltime basis for anyone other than your current employer
- Must not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status)
Desirable criteria and qualifications
- Experience in the oil and gas industry
- Experience in using Documentum and Sharepoint software
- Excellent team working skills.
- Strong change management experience
- Past success in engaging with all levels of organization for an improvement initiative and ability to gain commitment to action.
Owner/operator experience is preferred
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available