Operating Systems Inc
Updated: Jun 18 2012
||IT - Programming & Database, PATRAN, code management, FEA
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our Houston client is looking for an PATRAN Developer.
Be part of our client's team responsible for ensuring the efficiency, ease of use, reliability and scalability of the core graphical, database and GUI software applications based on MSC technology. Develop the 3D data visualization tools, User Interface, and technologies that are used for high-end strength assessment of large ships. Work to create functional and efficient application interfaces, build and release processes, and collaborate to produce effective documentation. Participate in design discussions, development and deployment in large-scale state-of-the-art computing facilities across the world with geographically dispersed developer team and user base.
The role will require you to work with highly-qualified researchers and software engineers to gather requirements, perform analysis, scope, plan, design, code, implement automated unit testing and deploy scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant modules and libraries. You are expected to have a thorough understanding of technical concepts required for software engineering and deployment and should be able to navigate and quickly understand complex code and systems. The position demands excellent analytical and problem solving skills and applicants must be able to communicate clearly and effectively. You should be a person with great technical passion, terrific problem-solving skills, drive for results and ability to work independently.
Key Targets and Measures
The candidate must be able to work as part of a team of technical professionals yet be self-motivated and pro-active in accomplishing technical goals. While there are no on-call requirements for this position, business needs may occasionally require that the candidate work after hours or on weekends.
Experience and Qualifications
- Proven experience with MSC/PATRAN and PATRAN Command Language (PCL) programming.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture or another technical-related field.
- Demonstrated experience with code management systems for software revision control.
- Proven experience with software life cycle: especially development/validation/testing preferred.
- Proven experience with graphics display building tools and User Interface Design (GUI).
- Working knowledge of MSC/Nastran, finite element modelling/analysis.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Staffing Company - Operating Systems Inc. (OSI)
OSI provides technical services on both a project and on-going support basis for midsize to Fortune 500 companies located in the Houston area. Since 1989, we have placed employees in all levels of support and services ranging from entry-level technicians to high-level application programmers.
OSI offers a compensation package including:
- Compensation: OSI consistently pays a higher percentage of gross billing rate than its competitors; in most cases up to 75% of the client's billing rate
- Medical Insurance: Company paid medical insurance; optional coverage available for spouse and children
- Long term Disability
- Workers Compensation Insurance
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available