Updated: Jun 20 2012
||HSE Manager / Advisor, Local Candidates Only-New Iberia, Louisana (No per diem)
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||New Iberia, LA, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The position will be for approximately 9-12 months. Located in New Iberia, LA June 30, 2012. The work site will be located at the Dynamic Industries Yard in New Iberia, LA. The HES Field Specialist will report directly to HES Lead. The candidate will provide technical guidance and HES assistance to the Project, e.g. safety of designs, Construction Safety, HES procedures, Risk management, Incident Investigation, Emergency Response Plans/Preparedness, hazardous materials management, motor vehicle safety, behavior based safety observation programs, ergonomics, personal protective equipment, permitting (EIA License) and other loss prevention programs. Candidate should have a strong background in safety and health program development and implementation to produce leadership behaviors and culture necessary to achieve and maintain world class HES performance. Work Schedule at minimum: 40 hours per week Some travel to Houston Texas may be required however this will be on an as-needed basis.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Position requires strong HES Advisory interface with MCP Project Manager and Dynamic Industries Yard Management in New Iberia, LA.
- Liaison with site leadership to ensure full integration of OE/HES processes into project execution and compliance with Project OE Management Plan.
- Coordinate and support Incident and Injury Free (IIF) program engagement and implementation across Project and identify/develop site IIF champions.
- Lead IIF initiatives through exhibiting proper leadership behaviors, delivering orientation/training and coaching leadership team and employees.
- Support engineering and procurement efforts as necessary. Interfacing with key stakeholders and other external stakeholders.
- Position regularly interacts with Site Managers, Contractors, Field Employees as well as the Team Members and will be expected to work cross functionally with the other HES groups and other operational groups
- Liaise with Contractor HES and site personnel to ensure understanding and compliance with Company standards.
- Provide guidance on implementation and execution of OE/HES processes and procedures that comply with OE expectations. -Overseeing the implementation of Project HES Management Plan and Project Site Specific Safety Plan.
- Responsible for providing technical input into development of HES improvement plans that address specific challenges.
- Conduct on-boarding, Policy and Procedure training and communicate Way Behavior expectations for site team members and visitors.
- Participate in Emergency Response Plans/Preparedness, Behavior Based Safety, CHESM Audits/Project CHESM Kickoffs, Lifting/Rigging, Personal Protective Equipment, Permitting, Behavior Based Safety Observation programs, HES procedures and any other activities that require HES personnel engagement.
- Spends the majority of each workday at the worksite coaching, performing routine safety inspection inspections (such as scaffolding Inspections, lifting/rigging inspections, and general worksite inspections), overseeing operations or involved in worksite meetings to promote safe operations.
- Manage incident investigation, analysis, and reporting process. Maintain accurate MCP incident metrics and serve as the IMS administrator.
- Conduct/report/track HES information as needed.
Education:-The successful candidate must have an HES Degree or equivalent and three years HES experience.
- Chevron experience preferred.
- Position requires outside work in all types of weather conditions.
- Position is subject to call outs beyond normal business hours.
Preferred Skills:Local candidate preferred. No per diem
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available