Patterson-UTI Drilling Company LLC
Updated: Jul 16 2012
||HSE Manager / Advisor
||Midland, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Serve as an advisor in our Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) division reporting to the Regional HSE Manager. This role will serve in an advisory, hands-on role in the geographic region of Midland, Texas. You will advise the Regional HSE Manager on issues related to employee health, safety and environmental standards.
- Coordinates and executes environmental and/or safety programs to ensure practical, cost-effective measures are in place within the workplace, and a Safety Culture exists to ensure employees are accountable and responsible for health, safety and environmental conditions and practices.
- Works to ensure compliance with government laws and regulations and Patterson-UTI Drilling Co. policies.
- Handles more difficult, complex assignments involving coaching and mentoring employees through training coordination and delivery.
- May assist management to develop procedures based on regulatory and/or client requirements.
- Assists in responding to inquiries or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies and/or community groups.
- Conducts investigations and comprehensive rig inspections to identify deficiencies.
- Builds strong relationships with rig crews to train, coach, counsel, and mentor to standards established by the company.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Previous land drilling rig HSE experience preferred.
- Candidates holding at least a Bachelor's Degree in Science, Engineering, Health & Safety or equivalent are strongly preferred but not required.
- Minimum 3 year(s) of working experience in HSE field.
- Experience in onshore HSE tasks is a plus but not required.
- Ability in written and spoken English Language.
- Thorough understanding of regulations and the regulatory process.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management.
- Must be willing to live or relocate to the Midland/Odessa area of West Texas.
Patterson-UTI Drilling Company LLC (Patterson-UTI) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status or disability, or other factors protected by federal, state, or local law.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available