Sirte Oil Company - Libya
Updated: Jul 24 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Exploration Department - Sirte Oil Company
Job Reference No. SOC-106
Sirte Oil Company, one of the largest integrated oil and gas producers in Libya, is currently seeking accomplished hydrocarbon explorationists to work at their Head Offices in Marsa Brega on the Mediterranean Coast of Libya. Candidates seeking challenging, long-term employment are invited to apply for the Senior Geophysicist position.
• Self-starter able to initiate and drive the application of integrated exploration geophysics as a key component of acreage assessment within complex and diversified hydrocarbon systems in North Africa.
• Undertake structural modeling, depth conversation and 2D and 3D interpretation.
• Recommend seismic data acquisition, processing parameters and Q.C. and site survey planning.
Liaise closely with other members of the technical team to ensure an integrated and cohesive G & G program.
• Undertake other projects and tasks as requested by management contributing to a flexible team approach.
• Provide geophysical support as required and appropriate.
• B.Sc. Geophysics, Geology or related Science. Higher degree is preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years Experience.
• An established track record in finding commercial hydrocarbons.
• Proven experience in geophysical modeling, structural and seismic attribute analysis.
• Proven experience in regional stratigraphic and structural interpretations.
• A strong geological background combined with strong workstation skills.
• Basin analysis experience.
• Strong business acumen including risk evaluation, reserves assessment and petroleum economics.
• Excellent geophysical analytical abilities.
Sirte Oil Company offers a competitive expatriate remuneration package including: long term, staff contracts/salaries paid net of Libyan taxes / rotational work-leave schedule / airfares paid to point of origin on each field break/free accommodation & food/ medical insurance [BUPA].
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available