Clover Global Solutions, LP
Updated: Jul 2 2012
||Cost Engineer, Project Management
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Clover Global Solutions provides signature staffing services for the most sought after talent in the Oil and Gas Industry.
Our client is one of the five largest energy companies in the world, operating in 100 countries across 6 continents. Join our winning team of professional/technical talent, alumni, retirees and annuitants by applying for this position now!
The description for this position is as follows:
- The Cost Engineer will play a key role in delivering cost-control services and financial support for projects, turnarounds, and construction.
- Adhere to the segment financial, business and project processes.
- Address issues pertaining to project cost control procedures.
- Coordinate development and implementation of project work breakdown structure (WBS) / cost breakdown structure (CBS) in concert with Project Manager and/or Project Engineer.
- Coordinate, review and develop appropriate control budgets consistent with project estimate and WBS / CBS.
- Implement and monitor costs within each project stage and for entire project until completion or close-out.
- Collect and compile progress and cost data, and develop cost-control worksheets and reports for review by delivery teams.
- Provide cost input to commitment close-out process.
- Coordinate and develop project Value of Work Done (VoWD), commitment and estimate at complete (EAC) forecasts.
- Coordinate and develop project annual-spend projections, cost reconciliations and variance
- Prepare project authorization for expenditure (AFE) in concert with Project Manager and monitor AFE approval process.
- Assist and prepare cost performance management data.
- Provide interface to other functions and teams to improve processes, resolve conflicting priorities and ensure adherence to best project practices.
- Advises project team on cost control issues.
- Reviews project schedules.
- Periodically audits contractor progress reporting, forecasting.
The requirements for this position are as follows:
- Legal authorization to work in the US.
- Project control or project management experience on turnarounds, large projects, construction activities.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to recognize and solve problems.
- Analytical ability.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree required.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available