Spencer Ogden Oil & Gas
Updated: Jul 4 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Competitve base + medical and insurence + Pension
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
My client is a leading industry service company, based in Houston.
At present they are looking to hire an experienced Drilling Engineer to act as their Global Advisor. This position will report directly into the VP of Engineering Solutions for the company. This is an office based position with occasional site visits
Candiates will need to be able to demonstrate robust experience international and should have 15years+ experience as a Drilling Engineer and experience within HPHT and Deepwater projects. Candidates should also have worked for a Major operator during their career.
Candidates will be responsible for:
Develop the competence and capacity of drilling engineering support within the BHIO organization in a global perspective
· Ensure cross-regional support and input and provide assistance to drilling engineering QA/QC activities for all drilling projects (e.g. Readiness Review, Peer Assist, Peer Reviews, DWOP/CWOP, etc.)
· As Drilling Engineering process owner in the IO organization, responsible for establishing governing documents & policies
· Provide advice on drilling technical issues in project execution and business development
· Capture synergies between the Regions in staffing, best practice, common process, and resource utilization
· Liaise with Region & Geomarket Ops, P&T Product Lines and third party subcontractors in technology development and R&D activities
· Contribute to technical visibility of Baker Hughes Integrated Operations both externally to the industry and within the company
· Oversee implementation of current best practices and continuous improvement processes
· Participate in team meetings and lead strategy discussions
· Oversee capturing of and benchmarking of KPI data
· Oversee compliance with BHI's HSE policies and guidelines as per IO Management System
· Oversee implementation of QA procedures as per IO Management System
· Conduct business according to Baker Hughes' Code of Conduct and Core Values
· Participate in and conduct customer presentations & meetings, as needed, including travel
· Participate and/or lead special drilling engineering projects together with regional engineering teams, as needed
· Well site supervision and/or engineering support may be required at times
· Provide drilling engineering advice to tender bid preparation process
· Manage career development and coaching of any direct reports
· Keep abreast of technological and engineering process advancements through affiliation with professional societies and participation in networks
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available