Updated: Jun 20 2012
||Mechanical Engineering, Operations Manager, Proven Track Record, Strong Leadership & Planning Skills, Petroleum, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering Degree
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
- To provide technical advice and expertise on LNG and associated projects.
- To manage client and consultant resources as agreed, to generate required plans, procedures, budgets and other documentation to support the project's path to sanction.
- To ensure the work product from facilities groups incorporates operations best practice and leads to excellence in operation.
- Develop strong relationships within the team, demonstrating key technical competencies, listening and influencing skills.
- Ensure the health and safety of all operations personnel is considered and incorporated in the designs and operating procedures developed.
- Provide dynamic leadership, guidance and direction to the Pre -Operations Team in order to ensure team performs as an effective and efficient integrated function and is able to deliver agreed targets and other goals and objectives.
- Recommend/use available technical expertise and know-how to maximize production levels.
- Develop and maintain Gant charts showing departmental operational plan to be delivered and ensure that targets and milestones are delivered within agreed time-frames.
- Ensure development and delivery of agreed performance commitments and ensure that the same applies to direct reports.
- To provide input into the overall Business Unit's budget and business plan and prepare, manage, analyze and review the approved departmental budget within the parameters of the Business Unit budget process in order to maximize the value of the plant assets.
- Provide operational input and oversight for all phases on LNG project.
- Provide a smooth transition from engineering design groups to operational groups.
- Ensure operations are conducted in accordance with Anadarko Codes and Practices and other applicable legislation.
- To recommend training programs to achieve technology transfer to National work force to provide for a reasonable and efficient nationalization schedule.
- Establish and maintain a high level of coordination and cooperation with Anadarko operations in Mozambique to ensure maximum economic benefit through synergies and communicate and liaise with Partners to establish trust and credibility.
- Provide technical advice, input and oversight to engineering, operations and maintenance to ensure credibility is enhanced.
Operations Manager - LNG (Pre Operations phase)
- Responsible for ensuring that the plans carried through to sanction are based upon sound operational plans, budgets and operational reviews.
- Manpower employment with required skills, technical know-how and experience to satisfy current and future operational needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Petroleum, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering degree.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in operations management position.
- Proven track record as an Operations Manager.
- Strong leadership qualities, must be culturally sensitive and aware, should have broad industry operations experience.
- Strong planning skills are essential.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available