Nabors Drilling Canada
Updated: Jun 15 2012
||Loss Prevention, Regulatory Compliance, Safety Training Rep, Field Mentor/Trainer, Incident Investigations, Excellent communication
||Based on Level of Experience
||Nisku, AB, Canada
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
- Conducting incident investigations at the rig sites and preparing in-depth investigative reports complete with Basic and Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Actions
- Carrying out physical rig inspections and identifying deficient areas as well as the required remedial actions to address these deficient areas
- Provides mentoring and training to the rig manager and crews on Safety Programs such as the Job Safety Analysis Program, Nabors Job Observation Program, Safety Documentation Manual, MSDS forms, System Cause Analysis (SCAT) and Claims Management
- First point of contact when injuries and other incidents occur at rig sites, and works with senior Operations Management and the HSE Manager in ensuring injured workers receive optimal medical care and the claims management process is handled efficiently and effectively
- Liaises with Operators and senior drilling staff, promoting good relations between Nabors Drilling and customers as well as interdepartmental relations (HSE and Drilling and Operations).
- Attends weekly safety meetings and provides oral and written reports on rig site and in-house (shop and yard) hazards as well as areas of non-compliance and suggestions for improving or addressing deficient areas.
- Reviewing Hazard ID/Near Miss reports from the field and providing comments and follow up, if required.
- Update Rig Visit Database
- Experience with various computer databases
- Accuracy/efficiency with MS Office is an asset
- 1-2 years safety experience would be an asset
- 1-2 years rig experience would be an asset
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people is critical
- Ability to work well under tight timelines and to be able to multi-task in busy and stressful environment
** Extensive Travel is a Requirement for the Position**
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available