Our client, an international major oil and gas operator, seeks a Project Quality Manager to join their team.
Reports to the Project Construction Manager with a dotted line reporting functionally to the Business Unit's Regional Quality Manager.
- The PQLC is responsible for facilitating the continued development and effective implementation of the Project Quality Management System (QMS) by the project team and contractors during FEED and Execution.
- The PQM assures that project goals are met in a manner that meets corporate, local, and contractual requirements.
- Leads, coaches, trains and promotes development of the project team understanding of project expectations for quality deliverables in all functional areas and disciplines.
- Sources and manages Company quality personnel such as but not limited to Office/Site QA/QC Coordinators, Project Quality Engineers, Supplier Quality Coordinators, Quality representatives, performing an overview of contractor QMS execution.
- Provides development and training so that Quality personnel have the proper credentials and qualifications to meet project needs.
- Manages project quality support functions including quality planning, quality system training, preventive action, non-conformance control, corrective action, audits, continuous improvement, trending and project quality reporting & review.
- Manage, plan and conducts assessments and audits of the contractors, subcontractors and critical suppliers throughout the entire project. Additionally, this position will work closely with the project management team.
- Stewards assessments, audit findings and recommend corrective actions to resolution and closure.
- Provides project management team feedback on quality related issues. Works to proactively identify potential areas for improvement to prevent development of conditions adverse to Quality.
- Manages service and product verification and overview of the quality obligations for project deliverables, including but not limited to design, procurement, fabrication, installation, construction, mechanical completion, start up and turnover, consistent with criticality assessments, contractual and local / international regulatory obligations.
- Provides status reports to the Construction Manager as required.
- Report to Management on QMP performance. Identify areas for improvement, assist / implement improvement recommendations, and promote quality awareness.
- Assist in the development of strategic and tactical Quality Plans in support of the QMP and QMP Elements. Actively participate in the generation, review, verification and implementation of Contractor Quality Plans.
- Implement and coordinate use of the QMP Elements at local locations
- Provide Quality Representative Coordinator with QMP reporting input
- Educate and provide guidance to personnel in QMP implementation and acts as the QMP Enhancement Initiative Point Contact
- Address daily QA/QC issues and report key findings to management
- Coordinate reviews and comments during the development phase of Technical Specifications (TS) and Quality Specifications (QS) global templates
- Coordinate customization of global TS and QS templates for inclusion in procurement documents (Contract specific TS and QS) as applicable to operations
- Facilitate Contract TS and QS implementation process, steward ongoing evaluation, assess compliance and monitor ongoing performance improvement
- Advise QA/QC requirements for local manufacture and repair. Monitor implementation to ensure compliance
- Initiate and monitor quality event reporting. Steward implementation of the Quality Event Database, its reporting system and controls for Goods and Service. This shall include local Contractor supplied Goods and Services
- Coordinate equipment failure investigations / Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and conduct Corrective Action verification as required
- Confirm documentation control for equipment and service providers including local Contractors
- Conduct and coordinate Contractor assessments on Services and Service related Goods Contractors. Report findings to management, identify and recommend areas for improvement.
- Conduct internal assessments to assure compliance to QMP 16 Coordinate QC activities for received equipment deliveries
- Verify that Goods Preventive Maintenance, Inspection and Test Programs (PMITP) and Inventory maintenance inspections are in place
- Responsible for facilitating the development and effective implementation of the Project Quality Management system by the Project Team and contractors
- Develop, maintain, and lead the execution of the Project Quality Management Plan for assigned Project, and manage the development and maintenance of any supporting plans, procedures, forms etc.
LEADERSHIP AND COMMUNICATION:
- The ability to interact and influence senior Project, BU management and JV Partners across the enterprise.
- To communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner. English as the primary language is required or the ability to clearly write and converse in the language. The skills of proven clear and concise written communication skills that is required and essential for this position.
- To maintain frequent, proactive, and effective contact with stakeholders & Regional Quality Manager.
- A proven track record in managing significant change through proactive communication and leadership. Requires ability to build relationships based on respect and credibility both inside and outside of Chevron and across cultural and functional boundaries.
PROJECT AND PEOPLE MANAGEMENT:
- Experience in managing multicultural and multidiscipline teams on major capital projects and/or Business Units is required.
- Experience in establishing team work plans, priorities, roles and responsibilities.
- The ability to provide a positive team environment where people want to work.
- The ability to lead and champion the Company's safety program not only with Company personnel but Contractor personnel as well.
- Enables people to contribute their best and fosters learning.
- Proven leadership experience in managing people, including recruiting, coaching, mentoring, career planning, motivating, and providing constructive feedback.
- Experience related to Quality planning, budgets, Project & Supplier Quality Management Plans, OEMS, cost management, scheduling Inspection agency and reporting.
- Experience with EPCs, contractors, and suppliers, preferably in the oil & gas industry.
- Experience in determining appropriate level of quality assurance and control during fabrication at fabrication yard, assembly at vendor shop, receipt of equipment & components, receipt of bulks, and during construction / installation / HUC.
- Promotes safe work practices at all levels of the project execution, with safety culture compliance part of daily activity.
This position will initially be resident in the Houston FEED office and relocated to the FPSO international fabrication yard in late 4Q 2013 or early 1Q 2014.
Additional traveling may be required to various subsea fabrication yard(s) prior to relocation to the FPSO fabrication yard.
Certified ISO 9001 Auditor or other recognized equivalent audit certification or ability to obtain within six (6) months after hire.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or related field with 10 years minimum of related professional work experience in engineering, procurement, construction and/or project management.
- 10 years continuous experience in the oil & gas offshore / refinery / petrochemical industry
- 5 continuous years in Project Quality Management.
- 3 - 5 years of recent Quality Management experience on Major Capital Projects.
- The position requires a thorough understanding of the principles and practice of Quality Management and the development, implementation and improvement of Quality Management Systems. Practical Quality Management experience in plant construction, modules fabrication, vendor audit, surveillance and inspection of typical types of equipment and materials required for oil & gas installations, both onshore and offshore.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- The PQM needs to be fully conversant with NDE and special process requirements and have the ability to develop, maintain and update in-house technical / quality standards and project specifications.
- The PQM needs to have demonstrated multi-discipline capabilities in planning and organizing projects and activities to meet project quality requirements. e.g. -project quality planning, budgeting and resourcing for projects to ensure they are suitably staffed with sufficient and capable quality management expertise.