Our Client is an International Oil and Gas Operator with a substantial presence in the UKNS.
They currently have a requirement fo a Senior Completions Engineer on a day rate - contract basis.
* Having a strong commitment to HS&E, plan and execute the design and examination for completing oil or gas wells.
* Prepare testing/completion programs, including equipment specification and selection, flow modelling, stress analysis.
* Prepare cost estimates and cost control for completion activities.
* Awareness of and involvement in new completions technologies, with appropriate incorporation into designs and work programs.
* Evaluate execution and operational performance.
*Ensure completion programs, program amendments, and dispensations to policy are prepared on schedule and are adequately risk assessed.
* Liaise with sub-surface and production team to ensure completion design is fit for purpose.
* Onsite support for key completion operations.
* Provide engineering support for completion operations.
* Implement best practices as identified in engineering & operational studies.
* Perform post-analyses and benchmarking studies, incorporate learning's into future completion programs.
* Assure adequate third party Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
* Recommend and conduct engineering studies to improve completion operational performance.
* Ensure appropriate assurance and review of the completion design and work plan.
* Coach and mentor completion engineers to ensure appropriate technical development.
* Prepare end of well reports.
Essential Experience and Training:
* A strong track record as a Completion or Production Engineer including expertise in at least one of the following areas of completion design: fracture stimulation, open hole or cased hole sand control, completion equipment.
* Broad experience with the design and execution of completions for oil or gas wells for an operator or major service provider.
* Experience working with third party service providers.
* Experience with selection of completion equipment including materials requirements.
* Ability to work to timelines with minimum supervision.
* Personal commitment and proactive approach to Health, Safety and the Environment.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels. Qualifications
* Engineering or Science based degree
* IWCF Well Control Certificate
* Region minimum training requirements (BOSIET, MIST etc)