The BP Oman H&S Site Lead (PSCM) reports to and receives functional guidance from the Regional Contractors Safety Management Process Manager. This role is embedded into the PSCM organization. The position contributes to and supports the implementation of Contractor Safety Management Process (CSMP) activities in Oman, actively shaping the program according to business needs and driving integration across all Sectors and Categories. In addition, the PSCM H&S Site Lead roles supports in the assurance of applicable HSSE requirements are completed in accordance with contractor safety practices, contracts and BP expectations through the complete life cycle of the contractual relationships (Qualification, Selection, Pre-Job, During, and Post Job). PSCM H&S Site Lead is responsible for consistent application of BP Contractor Safety Management processes, systems and practices in Oman. In addition, the position works closely with the PSCM team to provide expert technical HSSE advices / supports to ensure general HSSE Management requirements is managed
• Contribute to development of BP Oman contractor safety management program and support the Contractors Safety Management Lead in the integration of standard processes and systems within the framework of the segment and group Contractor Management practices.
• Support Contractor Safety Management processes in BP Oman. Responsible for consistent application of contractor safety management processes, systems, and practices in Oman. Communicates contractor safety management process and procedure to key business stakeholders ensuring alignment between S&OR, PSCM and the business.
• Proactively address contractor safety issues and effectively communicates with BP Oman personnel and contractors regarding performance, strategies, policies, standards and programs; recognizing, sharing and adapting lessons learned and best practices. Learning to include support for supplier/contractor HSSE Forums
• Work with the functional line operations, S&OR, PSCM to ensure contractor safety processes are fit for purpose and deliver safe and reliable contractor operations. Facilitate regular contractor safety management reviews, under the guidance of the Regional Contractors Safety Management lead.
• Provide contractor safety information and lead development, implementation and management of relevant process and personal safety KPIs to ensure performance reporting in support of local business decisions and global reporting requirements.
• Tracks and reports KPIs that describe the Region's effective contractor safety management and contractor safety performance.
• Provide strong, clear and focused supports to the functional teams to ensure contractor safety risks are understood, assessed and reduced. Confirms potential consequence level of job category during Qualification • Responsible for providing guidelines regarding requirements in Requests for Information (RFI) and subsequent Requests for Proposals (RFP) including response review and evaluation. Recommends contractors' HSSE capabilities pre-award for approval by the Regional Contractors Safety Management Lead and the Regional H&S Director respectively.
• Supports in the assurance process that a formal Authorization to Operate (ATO) process and authorization to mobilize the contractor occur before contractor is mobilized.
• Works with the Regional Contractors Safety Management to review and suggest updates to the Global Model Contract Section IV - Health, Safety, Security & Environment.
• Post job, provides proposal for changing the contractor's status on the AVL based on safety performance (if appropriate). Assures regional monitoring activities to ensure compliance with Contractor Safety Management requirements.