Updated: Jun 11 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
This position requires technical familiarity with installation of offshore products and services as well as some working knowledge of marine operations. In addition, the Project Engineer must develop liaisons and generally work with marine operations, procurement, installation engineering, HSE, and QA/QC departments as well as interface with customers, equipment and product suppliers, and fabrication facilities.
Under the direction of a Project Manager, the Project Engineers responsibilities include:
- Development of offshore installation / construction procedures and manages change during planning and execution of the offshore construction program in adherence to Integrated Management Systems procedures, policies and guidelines
- Operational oversight of the project execution including liaisons with Offshore Construction Superintendents, Vessel Construction Crews, Marine Operations, and Customer representatives,
- Monitoring of progress to ensure timely completion of project milestones,
- Project administration, including liaisons with engineering, fabricators, customers and all subcontractors
- Oversight of timely and cost effective vendor purchases, and the timely shipping of all vendor items to job site (utilizing the Purchasing Department)
- Interface and liaison with in-house installation and construction support engineering including assistance in controlling man-hours and engineering deliverables schedules and milestones
- Management and oversight of subcontractors for construction and installation activities,
- Schedule and cost control of project activities to ensure timely completion of drawings and specifications, as well as resolution of technical inquiries from the field (fabrication or installation site)
- Prepares / assists with project reporting as required
- Coordination, use, and development of Lessons Learned across a project
- All tasks and duties as assigned by Project Manager and / or the Marine operations group
- Spar, TLP, Pipelines, Floating Facilities, Mooring Systems knowledge is advantageous.
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant engineering discipline (Civil, Mechanical, Ocean, Naval Architecture, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with the installation of offshore structures
- Working knowledge of normal marine construction vessel operations, procedures, and capabilities
- Offshore installation experience is required
- Commercial knowledge of bidding, subcontracts, and costing for installations is advantageous
- Deepwater SURF installation experience is advantageous including installation of deepwater flexible product including umbilicals, power cables and flexible pipe, subsea jumpers, flying leads, and subsea control system components.
Basically we need someone with operational experience working on a pipeline recently specifically deepwater pipelines/hands on experience.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available