Petroleum Consulting Services
Updated: Jul 11 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Oklahoma City, OK, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
We are assisting an outstanding Independent Oil & Gas company in the search for a Production Manager.
Overview: MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN OR HAVE U.S. WORK AUTHORIZATION
Our Client is seeking a safety conscious, commercially focused, oil and gas professional to assume the role of Production Manager for the Northern Region of the Permian Business Unit.
The Permian North Region encompasses approximately 146M acres, 599 wells and 9200 boepd of gross production. The Production Manager of this region will lead a team comprised of 4 engineers, 4 engineering technicians, 1 superintendent, 4 foremen and 25 pumpers.
The broader Permian Business unit is a material asset to the Client organization, contributing over 50% of the company's total gross production on an annual basis. The Northern Production Manager will also have the opportunity to influence the strategic direction of the Permian Business Unit through the implementation of best practices and assisting with the selection of the highest value commercial opportunities.
The successful candidate will possess significant leadership ability, demonstrating this skill through the effective management and full accountability for HSE programs, and the P&L performance for an organization producing at least 10,000 boepd.
The Production Manager will report to the VP of Production for the Permian Business unit.
- Champion Health, Safety and Environmental programs with a genuine interest in the well being of employees and SandRidge stakeholders. Core knowledge of key HSE management systems is a must, including JSA and Safe Work Programs.
- Optimize well production through the integrated analysis of well failures, chemicals, compression and the latest artificial lift technologies.
- Decrease operating costs through an in depth analysis of cost drivers. Evidence of cost reduction concurrent with enhanced production will be a significant advantage in the process of selecting the appropriate candidate.
- Work with internal services companies to bring value to the broader corporation. Client owns work over units, drilling rigs, rental tools and trucking ventures. An understanding of the value this mix of assets brings to the broader entity is essentially to the success of the candidate.
- Manage and implement artificial lift technology such as beam pump, gas lift and ESPs.
- Plan and execute workover programs and conduct root cause failure analysis.
- Analyze production deferment causes and improve on line performance and rotating equipment uptime.
- Optimize system pressure to allow the lowest operating pressure in the field. Evidence of flowline planning and pressure reduction success is a benefit to the candidate.
- Ensure all environmental policies and requirements are implemented and managed to legislative thresholds.
- Maximize the daily production and ultimate recovery of producing properties through optimum operational procedures.
- Establish, implement and monitor team performance metrics.
- Promote and support a culture where EHS compliance is a top priority.
- Accountable for developing and implementing clear action plans to resolve issues.
- Supervise Engineers, Techs, Field Superintendents and Foremen. Plan and train employees as needed to ensure SandRidge is the leader in operational excellence.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of leadership/supervisory experience
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) for interface with professional engineers, company management and field personnel
- Ability to deliver high quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Possess skills prioritize commercial projects, and strategically plan the execution phase
- Documented success leading large organizations and teams operating over 1000+ well bores.
- Documented success in reducing safety incidents, increasing production, and decreasing cost.
- Documented success in mentoring staff and promoting top performers to leadership positions.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available