Updated: Jul 13 2012
||Associates/2 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Required qualifications and experience
Onshore Electrical supervisor utilities shall be a Professional Electrical ( or agreed equivalent ) with a minimum of 10 years of experience as an electrical engineer on Oil and gas Projects including 5 years in a lead position. They shall have a thorough understanding of the Projects HSE requirements and Regulatory requirements for work carried out in Iran.
Purpose/ Objectives of the Job:
The direction of professional and technical staff in providing the Electrical area process design and all associated construction and interdisciplinary support for the Onshore Project.
Principal Accountabilities/ Responsibilities
- Responsible for implementing HSE policy and procedures as they relate to the Electrical Discipline and for ensuring that Discipline personnel follow the policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the development and monitoring of electrical design budgets and schedules for the Project.
- Responsible for assuring that electrical personnel are receiving adequate review of their work processes.
- Review and approval of supplier drawings and data as per project requirements.
- Interfacing with Construction and Commissioning on all electrical design issues.
- Prepares electrical scope of work based upon overall Project scope of work. Reviews and agrees this scope of work with Project Management.
- Plans, supervises and directs the activities of electrical engineers, technical personnel and designers assigned to the project.
- Designs or directs others in the design of the electrical distribution system.
- Develops the technical response to questions generated by the client or regulatory authorities.
- Prioritizes work in accordance with the project schedule.
- Prepares or directs preparation of necessary single line diagrams, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, data sheets, etc.
- Originates technical documentation to support equipment enquiry, supplier selection and order packages.
- Participates in design review meetings.
- Co-operates with quality assurance to ensure checks are performed on the project at the appropriate stages of completion, in accordance with project, company, and department standards.
- Ensures the electrical design is compliant with the codes and standards applicable to the project.
- Coordinates the work with that of other engineering disciplines, procurement etc.
- Reports on work status/problem areas/needs.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available