ANOTECH ENERGY is an engineering consulting company, with over 700 employees, dedicated to the Oil and Gas industry.
ANOTECH ENERGY has developed partnerships with the main actors of the Oil and Gas industry and Energy sector in general.
SCOPE OF WORK
Your main function will be to assist the drilling engineering team carrying out the well design and engineering work for specific wells, projects and drilling units as assigned by the Engineering Team leader. The Senior Drilling Engineer will support the Engineering Team Leader that will be accountable for engineering activity covering the planning, program preparation and execution of drilling operations within the Wells team.
Your key responsibilities areas will be :
- To ensure that the well operations are designed, planned and carried out in a safe manner and that well objectives are achieved on time within budget, and without any adverse effect on the environment
- To assist in the preparation of Technical Scopes of Work for all third party services and drilling service contracts in line with the tendering strategy
- Carry out the necessary engineering calculations and studies to ensure that the well designs achieve the well objectives in the most efficient manner whilst ensuring that the risks of unplanned release of fluids from the well are ALARP.
- Coach and mentor Drilling Engineers to ensure appropriate technical development
- Monitor all phases of the drilling operations, providing engineering support, technical assistance & operational analysis to offshore personnel
- Onsite support for key drilling operations
- Assist the Drilling Supervisor in the coordination of offshore requirements and day-to-day events
- Assist the Cost Analyst in tracking costs, monitoring costs performance during the well operations through support of Site Drilling Engineer and Cost Control
- Provide daily and weekly project status reports and information for management
QUALIFICATIONS / BACKGROUND
- Relevant Engineering degree
- Proven success in a Drilling Engineer role, 10+ years of experience in offshore drilling operations
- Demonstrate competence in well design for drilling activities
- Demonstrated competence in drilling well design
- Knowledge of pore pressure and fracture gradient prediction
- Personal commitment and proactive approach to Health, Safety and the Environment
- Must have valid Well Control Certificate at Supervisor Level (Surface and Sub-sea) and Offshore minimum training requirements (BOSIET, MIST)
- Ability to fluently write and speak English
- Start : ASAP