REPORTS TO: Manager, Marine Engineering
DIVISION: Corporate E&TS
DEPARTMENT: Marine Support
BASIC FUNCTION: This position serves as a marine engineering contributor for the company who solves marine engineering problems from the fleet and participates in setting standards for marine engineering. This position is held by some with good knowledge of marine engineering and who has made some important contributions to the company such as quality reports, papers, or presentations on mobile offshore drilling units.
1. Provide marine engineering support for site assessments to Transocean's fleet, including site assessments of mooring systems, marine drilling risers, and jackups. This would include some interfacing with customers in collaboration with more experienced engineers.
2. Participate in conferences and other industry functions to better understand marine-related technology, industry standards, and regulations.
3. Participate in setting standards for marine engineering work within the department.
4. Conduct analysis on marine engineering problems in Transocean's fleet and review the results with more senior engineers in the group. Advise on and carry out analysis of problems presented. Carry out work in the areas of naval architecture, deadweight surveys and inclining experiments, basic floating vessel stability and motion calculations, marine issues associated with drillships, semi submersibles and jack-up drilling units, and coordinating the preparation and updating of vessel operating manuals.
5. Conduct studies to support marine technology initiatives. Promote relationships with customers through interactions at industry technical functions. Carry out studies and get them ready for review.
DEFINITION OF AUTHORITY:
Authority I To act.
Authority II To act but inform the person to whom he reports to and other interested parties.
Authority III To consult before acting.
Bachelor's degree; or equivalent.
The candidate needs to have a minimum of 2 years of operational experience.
Marine Engineering - High, Technology/Op's - Low
Directly Supervises 0
Indirectly Supervises 12
Employment Type: PERMANENT