The Velosi Group, founded in 1982, provides quality assurance and quality control services to a number of leading national and multinational oil and gas companies. The Velosi Group operates globally through four principal offices in the USA, the UK, Malaysia and the UAE and has operational or representative offices in a further 27 countries worldwide.
Our Houston, TX office is currently seeking a Planner Scheduler (Planning Engineer)
- Provides resource planning and project schedules for various types of projects
- Prepares and manages overall master project schedule integrating the project Work Breakdown Structure using an appropriate scheduling software package.
- Coordinates schedule from multiple contractors and incorporate the information gathered into the overall project master schedule
- Monitors and forecasts progress of activities in contractors' work schedules. Highlight problem areas and recommend remedial actions.
- Evaluates critical paths in the project schedules and evaluate alternative schedule options to identify optimum project strategies or resolve problems before and during execution.
- Performs probabilistic analysis of completion dates and potential alternatives
- Presents risk based analysis of most likely completion and expected deviation range.
- Develops and implements plan versus actual progress curves.
- Reports and analyses monthly deviations from plan
- Evaluates allocation of resources and provide recommendations to maintain required progress.
- Liaises with all team leaders to communicate required completion dates and interfaces between responsible parties.
- Work closely with cost engineer and accountant for expenditure and value of work forecasting.
- Prepares and issues updated project schedules.
- Works closely with Cost Control for expenditure forecasting and progress
Education: BS preferred or equivalent experience
Experience: 5+ years
Preferred Skills: Responsible for the development and updating of overall master schedule and look-ahead schedules of assigned Living Quarters module, along with schedule critical path analysis, and earned value progress reporting for the project. Provide input on WBS and CBS creation. Provide source data from master schedule for development and generation of project reports related to earned value progress and manpower loading (S Curves).
Works closely with the fabrication contractor for change management and corresponding impacts on project schedule
Velosi Ltd was established in 1982. By utilizing the services of our sister company, Intec (UK) we are capable of delivering Global Recruitment Solutions within the Oil & Gas, Power, Nuclear, Utilities, Rail, Construction and Aerospace Sectors for Owner/Operators, Consultancies, Contractors and Sub-Contractors.
For a free, confidential service register your details on velosi-intec where you will find a full list of live positions. Ongoing requirements include; ATEX Inspector, Civil Engineers, Coating Inspector, Commissioning Engineers, Drilling Engineer, Electrician, HSE, Inspectors, Instrument Engineer/Technicians, Labourer, Mechanic, Mechanical & Electrical Engineer/Fitters, Operator, Pipeline Engineer/Supervisor/Inspector, Piping Engineer/Supervisor/Inspector, Planning Engineers, Process Engineer, Project Engineer, Project Manager, QA/QC Engineer/Managers, Quantity Surveyors/Cost Engineers/Project Controls/Estimators, Riggers, Safety Advisor/Officer/Engineers, Site Managers, Supervisor/Superintendents, Turbine Engineer/Fitters and many more.
Velosi Intec is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC).