The Senior Floating Systems Engineer/Naval Architect will provide technical support to projects. He/She will work in a multi-disciplinary environment to create solutions for future deepwater prospects including wet tree and dry tree development options. In addition, this person will liaise with marine, drilling and completions, materials and integrity management technical staff to assess and design out issues related to maintenance and repair of existing deepwater facilities..
•Providing support in deepwater floating concepts such as TLP's, semi-submersibles, FPSO's and Spars as related to production drilling, completion activities and production concept evaluation.
•Integrating the floating system solutions and technology with other disciplines in the overall appraisal/development of new fields.
•Providing leadership in demonstrating BP's commitment to our policy of "No accidents, No harm to people and No harm to the environment."
•Defining best in class floater technology solutions and supporting BP's ongoing and future developments.
•Evaluating the operating data collected by BP from the existing deepwater facilities. •Supporting integrity management efforts for BP's deepwater floating developments. •Participating actively in managing BP's floating system technology Research and Development program (e.g., model testing of new deepwater concepts). •Implementing BP's Technical Quality Assurance for new and ongoing projects.
•Providing technical support to the deepwater projects.
•Working with other technology experts to implement new technologies where appropriate.
•Mentoring less experienced staff.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering with formal education in dynamics.
To be considered for the role of Senior Floating Systems Engineer applicants must have:
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering with formal education in dynamics.
* Experience in planning, analysis and design of deepwater floating systems.
* Experience with hydrodynamic modeling, dynamic analysis and reliability analysis of deepwater floating concepts such as TLP's, semi-submersibles, Spars or FPSO's.
* Basic knowledge of model testing in a wave basin.
* Experience with floating system instrumentation systems.
* Competency in wet and dry system solutions.
* A working knowledge of project management.
* The ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across technology functions and within multidisciplinary teams.
* Track record of performance delivery.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* A Master of Science or PhD in Engineering is desirable