Updated: Jun 8 2012
||Cartography / Mapping, Geoscience Technician, Software Specialist
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Scotland, United Kingdom
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Senior GIS Analyst, Scotland, Staff - Negotiable Salary + Excellent Benefits (including relocation package)
Our Client, A major international Oil and Gas company are looking for a Senior GIS Analyst for their expanding team. The purpose of the role is to provide the E&P team teams with access to high quality GIS data, information and knowledge when it is required and to support assets throughout the development lifecycle
• Provide pro-active support and assistance to the E&P team
• Provide data loading and data management assistance for both internal and external parties
• Manage the acquisition, integration and planning of GIS activities
• Introduce GIS data standards to ensure both safety and quality
• Work closely with geoscientists, HSE staff and engineers to gather their requirements and provide GIS solutions to assist their teams.
• Assist in planning and requirements for new hardware for servers and workstations
• Assist in the installation of software upgrades and patches for ESRI products
• Support users in maximising the use of the GIS technology portfolio (e.g. ArcGIS server, ArcView, ArcEditor, 3D Analyst etc )
• Enhancement of data controls to ensure accessibility, security and quality of data stores and databases are maintained
• Create policies and procedures in the management and handling of GIS data
• Assist in the integration of well and seismic data with ESRI tools
Relevant experience needed:
• Awareness, knowledge and proven hands-on experience working with a range of E&P GIS data types including seismic and well data types.
• Proven experience with GIS data management workflow
• Proven ability to work with various data types
• Background in E&P Projects
• Extensive IT skills (e.g. Windows, LINUX) are highly preferable
• Relevant degree background
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available