Updated: Jun 7 2012
||HSE Manager / Advisor
||Associates/2 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Danos & Curole is a progressive oilfield service company founded in 1947. We are committed to providing excellent service in the areas of construction, fabrication, production personnel, painting and blasting, and a wide range of highly skilled consultants. Since our beginning, Danos & Curole has been committed to maintaining a legacy of integrity and quality. We strive to exceed our customers' expectations by developing and training our people who provide excellent service in a safe and ethical environment. We focus on safety and continuous improvement, so that you get what you need when and where you need it.
Our International Recruiting division has a requirement for a suitably qualified, experienced and highly professional HSE&S Drilling Advisor who possesses the skills set and experience listed below.
This position is assigned ONSHORE/OFFSHORE on a rotational basis of 28/28 (4/4) and is based in Angola.
Minimum Education and Experience
- 10 years experience as HSE&S advisor both on and offshore
- Nebosh General Certificate
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide HSE&S consultation and support for Operations Team.
- Support behavior based safety observation programs by coaching and identifying areas for improved safety behaviors and practices.
- Support development of HSE practices and behaviors required for effective HSE&S management within operations.
- Participate in facility orientation briefings for all new personnel immediately upon their arrival.
- Lead site roll out efforts of Company Group or customer's safety enabling initiatives.
- Regularly present HSE&S-related topics and safety meetings to workers to encourage awareness.
- Assure contractors are adhering to agreed HSE&S policies.
- Understand and maintain the facility's bridging documents between company and Contractor safety management systems.
- Coordinate with contractor safety personnel to understand safety performance gaps and implement improvement plans.
- Participate and audit job-planning activities, including permit to Work, JSA's and hazard recognition.
- Participate in facility Safety Committees.
- Conduct monthly self-verification reviews of key HSE&S systems.
- Communicate with and receive guidance from HSE&S Manager.
- Interface with HSE&S manager to ensure integration of HSE&S practices.
- Step-up to take HSE&S Manager responsibilities when he is out of the office.
- Assure incidents are reported on Synergy, properly investigated and lessons learned are shared.
- As requested, participate in incident investigations as appointed team member.
- Communicate pertinent best practices, lessons learned, safety and environmental alerts to rig staff.
- Assist the crews in taking action to prevent recurrence of incidents.
- Be an onsite technical safety resource for MOA EMT Incident Commander for all field contingency actions as well as assist and participate in the execution of periodic drills.
- Assure facility appointed incident investigation teams identify root cause factors (using the Kelvin TopSet, Taproot processes or equivalent) and preventive measures are delivered.
To apply for this position, kindly submit your resume in MS Word.
Please include the following information in your resume:
Qualifications and courses
Language abilities - written and spoken
Current location and contact number
Please be advised that Only Suitable candidates will be contacted.
We appreciate your interest in Danos & Curole.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available