Shell Downstream Inc
Updated: Jun 8 2012
||Sales and Marketing
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
- The Regional Sales & Distributor Analyst is part of the Regional Sales and Distributor team and is responsible for supporting Marketing, Pricing, and Sales for the North American market. This role has daily interaction with Account Managers and supports Consumer, Transport, Industrial & Distributor sectors by providing in-depth analysis of commercial contracts and deal negotiations for Shell lubricant customers.
- The North American Regional Sales and Distributor channel has significant scale and represents over one-third of the total North American Lubricants business in both volume and margin. The overall North American Lubricants business itself represents approximately 40% of the Global Lubricants business.
- The Lubricants business is a very fast-paced and competitive business environment offering a unique experience with consumer products (e.g. Pennzoil, Quaker State, Rotella engine oils, and Grease brands) and the many ways they can be taken to market.
- This role is responsible for delivering finance and analysis leadership and support to the Lubricants business for the North American Regional Sales organizations. The role will encompass commercial deal support, sales contracting, planning and forecasting, as well as management reporting. This position primarily supports the Consumer, Transport, Industry and Distributor sales teams from a North American regional perspective.
- Prepare and distribute management information providing insight and explanations regarding the underlying performance of the Key Account sales organizations
Provide direct support to the East Regional Sales GM and their teams (over 50 FTEs) to simplify and focus on the key drivers of success to deliver commercial results while managing financial exposures.
- Liaise between many different commercial teams, marketing, other finance disciplines, and functions on all matters pertaining to the business, ensuring robust analysis, assurance, sound decision making, effective controls/risk management and optimal profitability
- Prepare Contract Performance Appraisals and ensure high value deals are performing to pre-appraised levels whilst driving action in the business to bring accounts in line to plan
- Analyze sales and other financial information to drive improved business understanding and performance.
- Actively participate in the annual Business Planning process serving as a key contributor for the sales channel, pushing the targets down to the appropriate level within the sales organization
- Bring challenge and support, utilizing commercial acumen to new deal negotiations and deal structuring
The Shell Group offers an outstanding benefits package. No phone inquiries will be accepted.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelors Degree or relevant experience is required.
- Proven experience in supporting sales contracts management processes required.
- Perform ad hoc analysis as required.
- Perform Post Investment Reviews and ensure post contract compliance experience is required.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available