Updated: Jun 7 2012
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Oxy Permian Outside Operated Engineering Tech II or Engineering Specialist
Essential Job Duties:
This position will be part of a small team of engineers, techs and financial analysts in the Permian Primary OBO RMT. The key responsibility for the team is the evaluation, recommendation and reserves booking for Operated by Others (OBO) properties and AFEs.
The main responsibility for this position includes the following:
- providing data, information, and support to the engineering staff
- input, maintain, quality check, extract, manipulate, and analyze production data
- create and utilize spreadsheets and databases
This position offers a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual who is looking to learn and work in a fast paced environment. Responsibilities will also necessitate working closely with numerous departments including other RMTs, Land, Finance, Joint Interest Billing, Production Accounting.
- Three to five years of applicable industry experience.
- Proficiency in Access, Excel, PowerPoint, OFM
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability and desire to use the computer as an analytical tool
- Proficient at extracting, manipulating, and analyzing data (Public Data Sources, Access, and Excel)
- Track record of reliability and high quality results
- Ability to handle numerous projects at one time
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and analyze prospects with limited data
- Ability to extract and use OFM or DSS data provided by partners in evaluations
- Ability to read Well workover, drilling and production reports.
- Effective team player who takes an active role in team responsibilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to grasp new concepts quickly and work with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to create tools necessary to analyze large amounts of data
- Strong data management skills with demonstrated ability to build, maintain and extract information from databases
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Competence with PEEP
- Basic knowledge of technical/economic evaluations
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available