Updated: Jul 5 2012
||Design Engineer, Process Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Applications Engineer is responsible for providing conceptual and front-end engineering, estimating, proposal development and technical support for highly specified, onshore and offshore, engine and electric motor driven gas compression equipment (reciprocating and screw) for the domestic and international markets. Duties must be performed consistently with the company mission and values and adhere to company policies and procedures.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate the design and performance of the proposed equipment; ensure deliverability and reliability of suppliers to meet Customer's specifications and time table.
- Review scope definition and project specifications, develop equipment sizing, prepare cost estimates and technical and commercial proposals.
- Participate in development of proposal Process Flow and Process & Instrumentation diagrams as well as proposal General Arrangement drawings
- Maintain knowledge of codes and standards applicable to the product in the global market.
- Interface with all operational departments within the company.
- Maintain customer relationships; participate in client clarification meetings as required.
- Participate in product development / packaging improvements to provide a more cost effective product.
- Develop over a period of time knowledge of process refrigeration systems design as well as natural gas processing equipment including hydrocarbon dew point and liquids recovery plants, fractionation equipment, dehydration and sweeting plants, etc.
- Position may require some domestic and international travel.
- Engineering degree coupled with minimum 2 years of experience.
- Experience with rotating machinery and fabrication of process equipment an asset.
- Project management experience is an asset.
- Customer-centered, able to maintain satisfied customer relationships and profit focused.
- Track record of successfully resolving technical problems with a desire and ability to learn.
- Organized and exhibits sound attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Must be self-motivated and team oriented, capable of learning, managing time, priorities, and operating well under pressure with little supervision.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available