Proserv Operations, Inc.
Updated: Jun 21 2012
||Inventory Control, Logistics Coordinator, Warehouse Person
||Proerv Offshore Houma, LA, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Proserv is a production technology and services company for the global energy industry. Our expertise lies in the strength of our engineering capabilities, innovative solutions and field proven technologies.
Proserv has a large global footprint employing over 1,000 people with brands such as Gilmore Valve and Argus Subsea. We offer customers a wide range of products and services for the entire oilfield lifecycle.
Our people are fundamental to the success of our organisation and remain at the heart of our achievements. At Proserv, we aim to develop our business around a valued and motivated workforce that encourages personal development and allows our people to flourish and realise their fullest potential.
Evaluate, establish and maintain lean inventory levels while avoiding shortages of necessary raw materials, parts, and supplies. Manage vendors regarding any outside services needed.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following)
- Coordinates scheduling and purchasing of necessary materials and services for operations.
- Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers. Select vendors based on price, capability, and past performance, as well as price history.
- Determine need for Outside services and issue Purchase Orders accordingly.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field.
- Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors.
- Perform stocking, distributing, and cycle counting as required
- Monitor and maintain inventory, as required, to assure on-time deliveries to the customer.
- Work with Sales and operations to meet and/or expedite customer deliveries.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Apply Proserv, and where appropriate Client Company's, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Safety Management Systems.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded.
Minimum of a high school diploma or GED required. Technical Associates or Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or Supply Chain discipline preferred.
- 0-2 years purchasing or design experience within oil and gas with a four-year degree OR 2-4 years purchasing and inventory control experience within the oilfield services industry.
- Good communication and people skills.
- Ability to identify and solve problems, manage multiple priorities and multi-task is a must.
- Must rely on judgment to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available