Updated: Jun 5 2012
||QA / QC / Inspection, Coordinate Quality Inspectors at vendors works.
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
- Coordinate Quality Inspectors at vendors works
- Review and comment on vendor and contractor quality documentation
- Monitor all aspects of Quality Control relative to vessels and mechanical equipment during the construction, to ensure adherence to the COMPANY technical requirements and applicable codes including SID (Safety in Design).
- Attend and witness testing associated with vessels and mechanical equipment and systems. Typical tests include, but are not limited to NDE of designated components, hydrostatic, pneumatic, coatings and others Mechanical QC activities as designated on the approved Inspection Test Plan for the contractor and Subcontractors.
- Provide expertise to site team to avoid/resolve quality problems.
- Provide weekly input to the QMS reporting system, with regards to trends and unresolved exceptions and problems.
QA/QC Coordinator and inspection surveillance for South NEMBA Auxiliary Project Offshore Oil and Gas facility.
To be utilized for numerous ad hoc inspections in the Houston / Beaumont area, as well as international inspection coordination's. The inspection engineer will be positioned office in the Chevron Nemba offices.
Promotes Safe Working practices at vendor's works. Reports unsafe practices to Inspection Coordinator and Quality Management, implements Stop Work Authority where necessary
As a minimum, Inspectors shall be a high school graduate or equivalent and shall carry a current certification as per international standards like AWS, ASNT, NACE, API in the discipline of his/her expertise.
Conversant with applicable industry standards, specifications, and fabrication methods and shall perform a variety of inspection functions with minimal supervision as required to verify supplier compliance with the purchase order requirements. Able to read engineering drawings. Have knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001: quality systems
Demonstrate working knowledge of codes as required by the purchase orders, such as ASME Sec I, V, VIII and IX, ANSI B31.3/4/8, NACE, and API 620/650 and AWS D1.1
Minimum six (6) years of inspection experience in manufacturing plants, including minimum three (3) years of independent inspection experience of chemical treatment packaged equipment.
Position Start Date May 2012
Position Duration December 2012
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available