Gran Tex Drilling
Updated: Aug 20 2012
||Midland, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
A Strong desire to be the Best in the industry, while displaying the 'GranTex' mindset at all times. To direct operations of the Rig under Pushers supervision, including: safety, drilling, moving, logistics (material + personnel) and maintenance. Coordinate all phases of the rig's operations in a safe, effective and efficient manner. To work closely with the Client's Representative to ensure that our Clients' operational requirements are accomplished safely and efficiently. This is a week on and week off position, 7 days on and 7 days off.
This role involves:
1. Overseeing all of the drilling Rig processes
2. Facilitating safety drills
3. Performing regular equipment checks
4. Ensuring all operations documentation is being completed
5. Concentration on safety awareness
6. Maintain customer relations
7. Work efficiently
8. Report accurate well information
1. 5 years experience as a driller
2. H2S certification
3. Driver's license
4. Well Control (BOP School)
5. Must have fluent knowledge of oil and gas well drilling operation.
6. High knowledge level of technical and procedural operations of equipment.
7. Ability to direct rig hands and work in a team environment.
1. Familiar with industry safety policies and standards
2. Excellent communication skills
3. Must have knowledge of 'down hole' drilling operations
4. Ability to learn technical products and services
5. Alert and agile
6. Ability to solve problems that arise in the drilling process
1. Understand the requirements of the Company and perform duties in accordance with them.
2. Assist as directed by the Rig Manager.
3. Propose recommendations for improvements
4. Identify hazards in the workplace and implement sufficient controls to prevent incidents.
5. Coordinate and lead.
6. Monitor the drilling operation and provide supervision and guidance to rig crews.
7. Operate the rig equipment as designed.
8. Follow the direction of the Rig Manager and Client Representative.
9. Complete relevant sections of the IADC Daily Drilling Report for each tour in detail.
10. Assist the Rig Manager in managing the daily operating costs to align with budgetary goals.
11. Ensure that routine maintenance is performed on Rig equipment as per guidelines.
12. Maintain good housekeeping on the drilling location, including Rig, work area and accommodations.
13. Assist the Rig Manager with the rig mobilization from rig d
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available