Shell Downstream Inc
Updated: Aug 7 2012
||Logistics Coordinator, Planner / Scheduler
||Norco, LA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
There are many factors and changes in the supply chain that are outside of operational control but which impact the supply schedules. The incumbent needs to quickly ascertain impact of supply disruptions, communicate effectively to the business and other interfaces to reach best-integrated solution quickly and make the required adjustments to schedules to minimize overall impact.
- Schedules and executes hydrocarbon movements cost effectively to meet demand, inventory & service level targets. The principal supply operation includes refined products and components from Shell owned refineries and third party supply points into terminals. Modes of transportation include truck, rail, and marine.
- Performs supply activities related to oil movements and product quality handling consistent with local requirements as well as Shell HSSE & PQ standards in a cost effective and efficient manner for the assigned areas.
- Executes the business continuity and contingency plan, responsible for respective incident reporting in assigned areas.
- Responsible for KPI measurement and delivery of Operational Excellence for the assigned areas.
- Meet logistics/transport operating budgets Meet demurrage & oil loss targets.
- Meet customer service levels and minimize stock-outs & PQ (Product Quality) incidents and Schedule product stocks in line with targets.
- Contributes to maximizing enterprise integrated value through optimizing delivery costs and utilization of supply chain resources.
- Operates third party hydrocarbon contracts in line with plan. Fulfills monthly nominations, optimizes timing and ability to maximize value capture within operational feasibility.
- Call off against term logistics contracts with massive means transporters, 3rd party depots and service providers. Works with Contracts and Procurement to resolve conflicts and manage operational performance.
- Effective use of streamline global standard processes and tools including SAP and HM (Hydrocarbon Management) by timely entry of nominations requisitions and upkeep logistics master data.
- Resolves errors in a timely fashion and ensure contractual obligations are met. Escalate issues to the next level as appropriate.
- Provide input into the process for their area of responsibility.
- Liaises with stakeholders at refinery to understand issues limiting supply.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelors degree or relevant experience in supply, distribution or trading operations required.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in an operations or logistics in hydrocarbons environment required.
- Knowledge of marine, tracking and rail logistics experience highly preferred.
- Solid understanding of the logistics industry required.
- Must be available 24/7 via phone when needed to address and resolve issues outside normal business hours required.
- Experience in handling a multitude of competing priorities and tight timelines while making decisions amidst ambiguity required.
- Project development and analytical skills.
- Problem-solving skills including the ability to competently manage multiple daily operating issues.
The Shell Group offers an outstanding benefits package. No phone inquiries will be accepted.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available