Adexen (JB Credits)
Updated: Jun 19 2012
||Electrical Engineering, FPSO/FPU , Maintenance Engineer, Electrical
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Rotational Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a leading international Engineering Group, which provides integrating solutions & technological services for oil & gas companies. The Group is looking for an experienced Offshore Electrical Supervisor for its offshore operations.
Offshore Electrical Supervisor will be responsible for supervising the maintenance operations within his field of competence, and also ensure maintenance operations under his responsibilities are carried out in strict accordance with the Company's current safety rules and operating procedures; also in accordance with standard industry practice, thereby guaranteeing the quality of maintenance operations within his field, carried out on site by the CONTRACTOR.
He will also be responsible for guarantying a good level of availability of the equipment he is responsible for on production sites.
• Organises on site the maintenance operations which are placed under his responsibility,
• Assists the planning team by giving any technical support for the preparation of the jobs in his discipline.
• With his teams assists specialists working under Specific Maintenance Contracts (SMC),
• Ensures that the Company's HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to Work Permits), as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during performance of maintenance operations placed under his responsibility,
• Manages interventions using the CMMS and checks intervention reports in the CMMS (including those concerning SMC) and writes the technical reports related to his field,
• Monitors the functioning of utilities and equipment placed under his responsibility,
• Ensures that the transfer of knowledge by mentoring occurs properly within his teams, and actively participates in this himself,
• Carries out, at the CSR request, any intervention within his field of competence.
• Takes in charge the systems under his responsibility in case of breakdown until correct operation status.
• Keeps a critical eye on current preventive maintenance programmes and, if need be, suggests improvements,
• Warns support teams of any recurring problems related to the availability or quality of spare parts, suggests improvements and requests modifications.
• Verifies the quality of his teams' interventions by frequent on-site checks
• Ensures that the members of his teams have the qualifications and skills required for the tasks entrusted to them and, if need be, suggests corrective measures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A B.Sc degree or (HND compulsorily with a Masters degree) in Engineering
• Similar experience in the maintenance field on oil & gas production installations outside the shores of Nigeria
• Minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar role with an international organization
• A basic knowledge of oil & gas treatment, installation & in depth knowledge of equipment used in the treatment and installation
• Offshore experience
• SAP/R3 experience and know-how
• Ability to lead and motivate multi-national teams,
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to work without supervision
• Pride in his work, ability to maintain good relations with colleagues and others,
• Physical ability to work on offshore installations in the climatic conditions of the site
• Eloquent in the English language
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available