BridgeLine Services, Inc.
Updated: Jul 16 2012
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
BridgeLine Services Inc. is a managed recruiting services firm working with a leader in the emerging field of multi-measurement subsurface interpretation to help them recruit a Senior GeoStatistician.
Your responsibilities as a Senior GeoStatistician will include:
- Demonstrate expertise in geophysics and have competence in signal processing and statistical data analysis
- Conduct scientific data analyses to resolve data anomalies and improve data quality
- Gather, understand, and critically analyze relevant environmental, geological, and geophysical data from all available sources
- Apply rigorous statistical methods to data from multiple sources to estimate Earth properties by solving complex, multi-dimensional inversion problems
- Analyze complex geophysical data and correlate the data to illustrate events of interest, and produce high-value, actionable information from the data
- Advise in the collection and analysis of data to ensure that the highest quality data are integrated into the modeling process
- Adapt already known methods and implement new ideas in the areas of signal processing, inversion, numerical modeling, data analysis, algorithm development, and 2D and 3D geostatistics.
- Collaborate with a team of geoscientists to assist in the development of client ready, subsurface maps which indicate hydrocarbon probability through the integration of multiple geophysical, geological and environmental measurements
- Ensure that final products are both statistically and geologically sound given all available data
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Multidisciplinary approach to calculate and model the presence of subsurface hydrocarbons from a variety of environmental, geological and geophysical measurements
- Highly motivated and self-directed in advancing complex projects
- Master's in Statistics, Applied Probability, Mathematics, or Geophysics; Ph.D. preferred
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in applying statistical methods to environmental and geophysical data
- Experience assimilating 4 or more of the following measurements: seismic, gravity, magnetic, electromagnetic, hyperspectral, resistivity, and well logs
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available