Energy Staffing Professionals
Updated: Jun 8 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||$120 - $150/K with excellent benefits
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
ESP has an immediate need for a Lead Mechanical Engineer with our Houston, TX based Midstream Engineering client. This will be a full time staff position with excellent salary/bonus potential, benefits and growth opportunity.
This candidate will act as the mechanical engineering lead (essentially the mechanical engineering manager) for all mechanical work that is required for project in the Midstream Infrastructure. These projects will likely be focused on the movement and storage of liquids (primarily crude oil and refined products) within and adjacent to marine rail and truck terminals. Specific areas of mandatory technical expertise are as follows:
- Experience in the design of fluid conveyance systems in accordance with standards of the petroleum industry.
- Fundamental knowledge of and specific experience with the selection and specification of pumps
- Fundamental knowledge of and specific experience with the design and implementation of piping systems for fluid conveyance.
- Understand of pressure piping and pressure vessel codes to allow appropriate selection of ancillary vessels associated with fluid transfer systems
- Non mandatory but desired areas of technical expertise are:
- Experience with pipe stress analysis and the design of pipe supports and restraints
- Experience with vessel design including pressure and atmospheric vessels
- Experience with fluid measurement equipment
- Knowledge of instrumentation systems as applied to fluid handling
- Experience with bulk solids conveying systems, their selection and specification
- As this person is intended ultimately to manage the work of several people, some management experience is desired. Specifics requirements follow:
- Experience managing design processes and schedules for individual work or for groups
- Experience managing people on some level. Industry specific experience is desired but not mandatory
- Understanding of and experience in the implementation project scheduling tools and methods i.e. CPM, MS Project, Etc.
- The candidate must have been licensed as a professional engineer for at least five years or be eligible for immediate licensure and have ten years of work experience after receipt of a bachelor of science in an applicable field of engineering.
- A master's degree is preferred but not required.
- Organization and attention to detail is extremely important for this position.
- Our client is looking someone that I can build an entire department around. This candidate will need to have strong leadership skills and be highly initiative. Business development potential could be a plus but I will primarily rely on this individual to anchor the technical work of the mechanical portion of projects.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available